Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 2:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The primary point here at bullshido as regards to instructors is usually this:
    Are you teaching something that neither YOU nor YOUR STUDENTS has ever proven to be effective by matching it against a determined and resisting opponent? If so are you CLAIMING that what you are teaching will be useful against that type of opponent. We normally request/require video evidence or other third party documentation if you claim to have proven your skills or have had your students do so.

Doing THAT is what makes you Bullshido. So far I have NOT seen that from you. What I have seen is a very high rate for your classes. To me there is nothing inherently wrong with that. However I can tell you that I personally would get fed up very quickly with paying 200-300$ a month for instruction if I felt that I was learning ANYTHING that would not be effective against someone determined to bash my head in.

Kintanon

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 3:07am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenOliver
    Your respect I can live without.

Stephen Oliver.
    Yes, and we can do without all of your red herrings and strawmen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 3:22am

Style: JKD BJJ JUDO MUY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From everything I have seen. It looks like Mr. Olivers program has what you need to stay fit and fend off Joe Average attacking you but for 197.00 you can train with world class people. You could train at AKA in San Jose or ChuteBox in LA for 25 bucks more a month . For 250 you could train at legends. If you want to attend a Mcdojo find a cheaper one. If you are going to spend 200 a month you might as well get what you paid for and train with world class people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 7:17am

Style: Exploring teh d34dly Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    The primary point here at bullshido as regards to instructors is usually this:
    Are you teaching something that neither YOU nor YOUR STUDENTS has ever proven to be effective by matching it against a determined and resisting opponent? If so are you CLAIMING that what you are teaching will be useful against that type of opponent. We normally request/require video evidence or other third party documentation if you claim to have proven your skills or have had your students do so.

Doing THAT is what makes you Bullshido. So far I have NOT seen that from you. What I have seen is a very high rate for your classes. To me there is nothing inherently wrong with that. However I can tell you that I personally would get fed up very quickly with paying 200-300$ a month for instruction if I felt that I was learning ANYTHING that would not be effective against someone determined to bash my head in.

Kintanon
    Actually I thought the purpose behind this forum was to expose frauds. From what I have read there doesn't appear to be fraud involved. There is an argument over morality and fees and while some find Oliver's fees unreasonable - I don't think they are illegal. He's not claiming (as far as I can see) titles or honours which he's hasn't earn't , and he doesn't claim to be teaching th3 d34dly. So while I wouldn't spend my cash at his dojo, others may feel they want to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 8:13am

Style: Exploring teh d34dly Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you run a business (including a school) and are not interested in maximizing customer service and experience while learning to effectively market your business and ethically persuade your prospective customers
    Although that did make me feel that I was in the presence of pure evil :evil5:
    Last edited by Omega; 2/01/2007 9:07am at .

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 8:54am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm, you are agreeing with me. As I said, he's not doing something that has not been proven, while claiming it has been. Which would be fraud.

Kintanon

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:06am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -----------------------------------
    Great commentary.
    Does anyone monitor you?
    Yes, I did read the posts.
    And, I'll stand by all previous comments.
    Pretty ignorant - Omega the Merciless (by the way great logo, love the finger.

Stephen Oliver.
    Mile High Karate.
    Oh, you must have missed this one dumbass:

....Well, ****, I took a second to re read the first post. Yeah Courage Bullshido and Mcdojo are two totally different things. I got pre occupied on the dislike I have for Oliver. I can't stand his demeanor or attitude, reminds me of a used car sales man.

On that note, listen guys if you don't believe what Oliver charges and you want proof, call his fucking ass. He'll tell you point blank. "Get a copy of a bill" indeed, no fucking need, he charges more and is proud of it. I have no problem if a guy charges more and people want to pay it what pisses me off is the blatant disregard of his students, he sees them only as means to an end. How rich can they get me, and he views other instructors this way too, how do you think he makes all that money. He uses the old scape goat "hey I only teach them to run a business not what they teach". Can you imagine a College, or a Trade School thinking the exact same way? What do we think of these schools? Laughable and that all this is. Is he doing anything wrong, technically no, morally yes. Compromise your scruples (how the heck do you spell that anyway?). This guys is the "I made money on realestate you can too..."....

Now I've got to go punch somebody....
    On ,that note, I monitor me, speaking of ignorant, you didn't notice I'm a moderator? You want to promote your Mcdojo's go for it. I told these guys you'd feel open to talk about your ****. You see nothing wrong with it, you compromised your morales a looooong time ago. Reminds me of all those stories you here where Satan is trying to convince people he's not such a bad guy.

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:08am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, perhaps you can tell us what you specifically object to, in the marketing material Mr. Oliver sends to your school.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:20am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spook2021
    Actually I thought the purpose behind this forum was to expose frauds. From what I have read there doesn't appear to be fraud involved. There is an argument over morality and fees and while some find Oliver's fees unreasonable - I don't think they are illegal. He's not claiming (as far as I can see) titles or honours which he's hasn't earn't , and he doesn't claim to be teaching th3 d34dly. So while I wouldn't spend my cash at his dojo, others may feel they want to.
    And you're right to a point spook. We like to expose guys like Oliver for Educatioin puposes. When somebody googles him next time, they'll see these posts. Then they can make a decision themselves. Oliver here is very long winded and loves to blow smoke up peoples asses. For example his little annalogy of colleges and Martial arts. The image that America looks at martial arts and colleges are sooooo alike (insert sarcastic voice here), I can see his arguement is rock solid. Gee why didn't I see that before?

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:22am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Omega, perhaps you can tell us what you specifically object to, in the marketing material Mr. Oliver sends to your school.
    It should be few days but I should be recieving some little post card from the git soon and I'd be happy to go over the **** with you.
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast