Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 9:33am

Style: Uncertain

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Penn and Teller

I saw a post about someone doing a documentary on Ashida Kim, and it got me thinking. Have anyone of the Bullshido pros here tried to contact Penn and Teller, to do an episode of Bullshit! on these guys? I think it'd be awesome. They're really not afraid to blast anything, they do a really thorough job, and it's extremely high profile.

What better way to end a frauds career?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 9:36am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah we tried that already....*snif, they won't return my calls (damn restraining order)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 10:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent the following mail to them. I figured it couldn't hurt.

Penn and Teller (Hopefully this gets passed on to you.),

Iím a HUGE fan of the shows. I watch every episode religiously, and make sure to show it to all the people I feel really need to see it. Youíve done shows on things to expose misconceptions that plague our society, and exposed people that prey on people who donít do thorough research. In particular, it was nice to see the surveillance that is persistent in our society exposed, and PETA blasted (I loved it.)
    I think it would be fantastic if you would do a show exposing fraud in martial arts. It is extremely persistent, and the things they convince people of really could be their life in danger. There is a whole website/forum dedicating to exposing frauds like this, and you could find a large community of legitimate martial artists there whoíd be willing to assist in your research. There is literally a whole pool of experts waiting to be tapped. These frauds convince people these techniques will save their life, when for the most part they wouldnít even work in a situation if the person remained calm. The web site I spoke of is http://www.bullshido.net . My name is torrefaction on there. I should note Iím *not* one of the experts that could help. Iím someone who was helped by them.

I look forward to an episode debunking these frauds with bated breath.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 10:16am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'd be the man if you could do it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, besides the e-mail, I went and posted my thoughts on the Questions for Penn and Teller Showtime forum. If all literate people here could go and post there, maybe Penn and Teller will either get the message, or get a little pressure from Showtime execs. If we show a groundswell of support, it'd be hard to ignore.

Keep in mind that this is a public forum, so it's much higher profile than a private e-mail. Large amounts of support are more likely to have an effect, and hopefully trigger their already existing members to support the idea as well. Plenty of people that don't practice martial arts are really interested in then. F34r the n1nj4.

You'll have to register, but the URL is here.

Penn and Teller Message Boards (Direct)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 10:13am

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I put a post on their board under the "gun control" thread...i guess we'll see

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 10:15am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've exchanged emails with James Randi recently. He's forwarded my suggestions on to them directly.

So we'll see.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 10:34am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could see Penn and Teller dressed as Ninjas for the show.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 10:49am

Style: BJJ/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As much as I'd like to see them expose Ashida Kim and others like him, I can't see where they would get actual material for their show. For a good TV show you need some video footage, and we all know how likely it is that these frauds would show their stuff for the camera.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 11:50am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They might not be able to focus on "ninjas" but it would be nice to see a "BS Martial Arts" episode.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast