Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 6:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Re: undocumented proof of Korean style kicks- There isn't much that's documented from Taekyon era of Korean martial arts, so a lot of the history that's known about TKD are based on tradition and generation by generation and much of the history has been "telephoned" (if you've played the childhood game before, you know what I'm talking about) to the point where many things are distorted in history. But that's how the origins of the axe kick was explained to me so maybe it was telephoned. But what remains though is how there are many other Korean style kicks that to this day survive into TKD and there is documented proof of that.

But as for the other martial arts studios in my area, there's one that's held by the University of Minnesota but the times they have their studios open are inconvenient for me.

But the Bally's clubs in the area are well respected amongst the TKD community in the area and there are a few formidable artists in the area, even though some of their pricing methods are a bit questionable. I will not lie, I won't defend their revenue rainbow tactics, but I will defend that they do provide a quality education in martial arts, in a martial art that's not supposed to be the end all to be all for a martial artist, but rather just be a supplementary art.

To train in one specialized art is suicide, but I take it that most of you already know that by now ;).

Happy fighting!

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 8:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdRedRainstor
    Re: undocumented proof of Korean style kicks- There isn't much that's documented from Taekyon era of Korean martial arts, so a lot of the history that's known about TKD are based on tradition and generation by generation and much of the history has been "telephoned" (if you've played the childhood game before, you know what I'm talking about) to the point where many things are distorted in history. But that's how the origins of the axe kick was explained to me so maybe it was telephoned. But what remains though is how there are many other Korean style kicks that to this day survive into TKD and there is documented proof of that.
    LIke which kicks? Any kick you can find in TKD, they will have in Karate...

The only exception I can think of is Peet Chagi, and that's no where near enough to say that TKD is truly derived from Korean systems

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 4:06pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdRedRainstor
    Do yourself a favor and get out there and educate yourself. There is a plethora of information on Taegyeon, pre-Occupation Korean martial arts, and unarmed combat in Korea during the Joseon-era. The problem is that actual historical data completely contradicts the false history claimed by General Choi, and obliterates the mythology created by the South Korean government and the Kukkiwon.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456