Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/19/2007 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    I think Tito Ortiz used that technique to help his fighters (specifically Mark Hamill, IIRC) in TUF.
    He demonstrated it using a basketball between shoulder and wrist, but he does have a gargantuan melon for a skull.
    'Shoulder and wrist' != 'crook of the elbow'.

Okay, I'm sure you read only half the original sentence and ignored the further posts deliberately. You've succeeded in getting a rise out of me. I'm annoyed. I have to give you Kudos for that.

Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/19/2007 7:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    'Shoulder and wrist' != 'crook of the elbow'.

Okay, I'm sure you read only half the original sentence and ignored the further posts deliberately. You've succeeded in getting a rise out of me. I'm annoyed. I have to give you Kudos for that.
    I read it, I promise... I never pass up an opportunity to mention the immense proportions of Tito's head, so I apologise if I gave the impression I disregarded your opinion.

As for you being annoyed... I read somewhere where it's best to calm down, 'cos, you know, it's only ones and zeros. :-)

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 8:53am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    I read it, I promise... I never pass up an opportunity to mention the immense proportions of Tito's head, so I apologise if I gave the impression I disregarded your opinion.

As for you being annoyed... I read somewhere where it's best to calm down, 'cos, you know, it's only ones and zeros. :-)

LOL. You have another opportunity in this thread, if you want:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/newr...eply&p=1332129

And yeah, I think the new conditional signature feature of the forum where it doesn't show up all the time is throwing me off. You didn't think I put that tidbit in there for anyone else but me, did you?
    :smile:
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 11:53am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I always try to have my gloves touching either side of my mouth, though I have experiemented with holding them higher on my face (i.e. forehead) The forehead position seems to work well if you can REALLY hunch over and fight crouched forward, since otherwise that guard exposes your body a lot (including your precious ribs).

Actually, my guard is so habitual that I'm getting a rash in the spots where my gloves go.

IMO touching the face is the best cure for hand-dropping ... it worked for me. Although in a combination you need to think about it, so not perfect.
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 2:40pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say shadowboxing in front of a mirror and throwing your combos there is a good way to get your guard where it's supposed to be, even in between punches, so you always return your hands to your chin or higer.
    I did this a lot before, and now the hand I'm not striking with automatically goes to guard position. This has saved several times from getting that counter left hook on the jaw. :)
    Shadowboxing to get the form right!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123