Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 12:46pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is the reason I posted this Vid, was too show how I learned TKD, not all schools are McDojo's, there are still some, yes they are few and far between, but there are still a few good TKD schools out there.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Doggs
    he only criticism I have is in their hand work. Looks like they were leaving their heads open a bit too much

JD
    It always seems to be the case when headshots aren't allowed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 12:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, just to clarify why they never allow punches to the head in tkd tourneys, is because it takes more skill and speed to kick someone in the head as opposed to punching, not too mention it looks alot cooler to see someone get ko'ed by a jump spinning hook, than a right cross. Yes it's stupid but that's the only way too use what they have learned in comps.These guys look like they could punch to the head if they wanted, maybe they are just working other things.- IDK

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 12:51pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :XXfish:
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    What's wrong with this thread, it is an interesting approach to bringing TKD to MMA, and these guys look serious. Oh and I am the original poster, so don't bash Phrost for my videos.
    You know dude, I don't what it is, but there's something in the way you post that annoys the fucking crap out of me. I've tried to be nice about it and ignore it but **** like this just irritates me to know end. I'm serious, I actually walked away from the computer and came back just to see if I'd be less irritated.

"... I wonder how they would fair against real MMA fighters....?"

What the **** do you consider real MMA fighters? You mean pro? You mean specific schools that do only MMA? I mean seriously dude did you even think about that question before you asked? There's a small chance I won't reply to this post later because of some wierd glitch in the system but you seriously need to come off your fucking high horse.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish I could find something like this that would allow me to take the years I wasted doing TKD and actually turn those skills into something useful.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS. Der, (I read the other thread) did you ever train this or not? How was it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 1:02pm

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder how intensive and for how long can you train throws on a hardwood floor...
    I have enough trouble with judo mats...

Tomas

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 1:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No what I meant was that if they train the way that they do in this video, how would they do in the UFC, with todays run of the mill fighters, that's all I meant. Sorry if my insignificant post bother that much, I never knew you cared.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 1:25pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    No what I meant was that if they train the way that they do in this video, how would they do in the UFC, with todays run of the mill fighters, that's all I meant. Sorry if my insignificant post bother that much, I never knew you cared.
    Believe it or not I care for one reason. I think you could be a good rep for TKD on this site: :beatdead: If you're going to represent TKD, kinda like Dus there, and I've seen you on other websites (mymmaspace.com), I figured it'd be better if you didn't come off the wrong way like I've seen some other TKD guys do. It's been quite interesting to say the least. I don't think your conclusion/theory/statement about punching to the face is entirely true either but I didn't want to get into it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 1:31pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be willing to bet* that the floor is not hardwood, but rather vinyl (or somesuch) over padding, with a wood-grain pattern. Kinda like what my grandma has in her house in Seoul.

* bets limited to a dollar
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast