Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:10am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Round Kick Rumble Results (our fights from Saturday)

Just got back tonight (Monday) from Medieval England... Iowa. They did good write ups for the fights on the Roundkickrumble site, so I figure I'll just post that instead of writing my own (very biased and single sided) post fight commentary.

From http://roundkickrumble.com/RoundKickRumble8.htm

BOUT# 4
    WOMEN’S LIGHTWEIGHT Muay Thai Rules
    Kourtney McCarty, 4-1, Family Kickboxing, Miami, FL vs Ashly Altman, 3-5, Alliance Martial Arts, Atlanta, GA

Round 1
    The first women’s match up of the night featured two experienced fighters who traveled a long way to meet. Altman got things going with a kick that McCarty caught and pulled Altman in for a clinch. The fighters broke and exchanged blows to the head and then again into a clinch. Altman spun McCarty, but McCarty stayed with her and threw punches that put Altman through the ropes. McCarty was able to back Altman up after the split with a hand combinations to the head. The round ended with McCarty hooking to Altman’s body and Altman struck with knees to McCarty’s body.

Round 2
    In the second round, McCarty again backed Altman up but Altman responded by turning McCarty and kicked her up against the ropes. McCarty appeared to have the reach advantage and used it when possible. Altman quickly learned to evade McCarty’s long punches. McCarty was able to trap Altman’s leg and punch/plow eventually kicking out Altman’s support leg. After Altman jumped back up, she was able to back McCarty to the rope in a clinch. In the corner, McCarty spun Altman, stepped back and repeatedly punched Altman in the head and face. Altman was unable to fight back which resulted in a standing 8 count from Referee Carlton Duncan.

Round 3
    During the final round, McCarty felt confident and came out strong bloodying Altman’s nose. However, Altman wasn’t about to back down. McCarty turned up the heat and Altman earned a second standing 8 count. Altman was tired but pushed McCarty back twice with kicks. With 10 seconds to go, McCarty sped up her hands to the head and Altman dug deep responding with right crosses.

BOUT# 8
    WOMEN’S WELTERWEIGHT Muay Thai Rules
    Katie Young, 1-2, Minnesota Martial Arts, Circles Pines, MN vs Kat Johnson, 6-1, Alliance Martial Arts, Atlanta, GA

Round 1
    Johnson started as the aggressor in the round. She appeared to be the stronger fighter and was busier in the clinch. Toward the end of the round, Young settled down and began returning the blows she was receiving from Johnson. It turned out to be a close round with the edge possibly going to Johnson.

Round 2
    Johnson was untiring. She kept moving forward throwing punches and kicks to Young’s body and head. Young tried to fight back but her attacks appeared to have little effect on the stronger Johnson who continued moving forward with blows of her own.

Round 3
    Johnson took her time. Half way through the round, she backed Young into the corner with six straight rights and then proceeded to work her over with a barrage of body and head shots causing Referee Terri Storm to step in and give Young a standing 8 count. Johnson then continued her attack, trapping Young once again for a second 8 count.
    Me vs Kourtney: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDUSMMVT

Kat vs Kaitlyn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Rcd-fnH58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Rcd-fnH58
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:16am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sure am ugly, but i hit with retard strength.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:18am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to hear about the loss. Just take that, and turn it into an ass-whoopin this Friday!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:20am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We had a really shitty time trying to get to the show and it caused a lot of stress that I think jacked up ashly's preformance signifigantly.

Basically we got the busstation as we were going to take the greyhound, greyhound cancelled the bus due to weather, refused to refund our money(300 bucks) and that sucked, then we had a real pain in the ass trying to find last minute flight tickets (and i do mean last minute) which wound up costing over 500 dollars all said and done.

At midnightish we finally got our travel plans set and then we had to wake up at 3:30am to drive to the airport and catch the plane and that sucked

And this all sucked more then I'm making it sound like because i am being brief, basically it was like everytime we turned around some other detail was getting fucked up.

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:27am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Sorry to hear about the loss. Just take that, and turn it into an ass-whoopin this Friday!
    That is certainly the plan.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone be sure to note how cool my bodypaint is

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:45am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was clear from the body paint alone that you couldn't be reasoned with.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 1:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Repulsive Monkey
    It was clear from the body paint alone that you couldn't be reasoned with.
    She can't be bargained with either. Nor does she feel pity, remorse, or fear.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast