Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/15/2007 8:17pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I asked my trainer again after last night's class. He again said the easiest way is to do block drills with a partner, wearing shin pads. Only the kicker wearing the pads.

I asked if it was possible to condition on bags, and he said only if I could find an old leather bag that has been out in the weather and the leather is all hardened and cracked. Said it doesn't work so good with new soft bags. In thailand, he used to roll a dumbell up and down his shin, but I don't think I want to do that.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 9:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, talked to my kyokushin friend again about the bundled up chopsticks thing. What he essentially said (and makes sense to me) is that they use bundled up chopsticks because it has some give when you hit with it.

When you hit your shins with the chopsticks, provided your bundle is roughly the size of a shin bone, it's similar to being kicked by another person's shin, but the chopsticks can slide over each other and "give" which will be better for your shins.

He also mentioned that an alternative is striking the shins with a rolled up magazine or newspaper, and after you're done, rubbing down the shins with chinese medicated oil. I gave it a try and it seems like a good method, but noisy. If you live in an apartment, your neighbours might complain!

My shins are all sore now, but after giving them a good rubbing with oil, it feels good.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 10:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got a set of stances from Northern Mantis that strengthens the upper shins, along with the whole leg. They're hard as **** to do, but it will strengthen and harden your legs like no other exercise.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 7:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    I've got a set of stances from Northern Mantis that strengthens the upper shins, along with the whole leg. They're hard as **** to do, but it will strengthen and harden your legs like no other exercise.
    Stances? You mean they condition your shins to take hits? Can you share some videos or pictures pls?

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/21/2007 10:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    Stances? You mean they condition your shins to take hits?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    Can you share some videos or pictures pls?
    No.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12