Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 9:05pm

Style: Bok Fu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Alamo, CA - Richard Lees East West Bok Fu Do

Bok Fu Do - the White Tiger Style was founded by Grandmaster Richard Lee in 1967 and is an internationally recognized, world class school. Visit richardleeseastwest.com for details.

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 6:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tien Shan Pai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Great instructors

The best factor here is the human factor. The instructors are knowledgeable and well taught. Most have experience in national and international competition, many in full contact. Students are not forced into full contact, however, and may focus on fulfilling the needs that brought them to the martial arts in the first place. A great place for kids, adults looking for exercise and/or self-defense, or competition.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Full-Contact Mass Attack"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vc7DnIQ_lc

Thanks for the review.

Is the above video indicative of the the full-contact training in Bok Fu Do?

It also appears the web link for your school was missing. Is this the correct address?

www.bokfudo.com
    Last edited by sdave; 9/08/2007 12:05pm at . Reason: DRAMATICALLY inflated review. Will remove scores when OP updates hers.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 7:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tien Shan Pai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty good job on the video Sdave. Looks like you were standing next to me. Not my school though.

To answer your question directly, no. This is not full contact training. This was a demo of the Mass Attack training they do. It is designed to learn how to deal with multiple attackers. While that might be unrealistic, the training is definitely a step up from normal "2 man sets" in that multiple distances and change of focus are brought into play. Not really my cup of tea, but another good training exercise.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 7:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lungjian
    Pretty good job on the video Sdave. Looks like you were standing next to me. Not my school though.

To answer your question directly, no. This is not full contact training. This was a demo of the Mass Attack training they do. It is designed to learn how to deal with multiple attackers. While that might be unrealistic, the training is definitely a step up from normal "2 man sets" in that multiple distances and change of focus are brought into play. Not really my cup of tea, but another good training exercise.
    No it is in the same realm as 2 man drills.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 5:28pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be interested in learning more about your full contact fight team as I am a full contact fighter and may be moving to the area soon. Please tell me what you could offer me.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For pinning down, then brutally raping the term "full contact".

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children