Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 10:12pm

Style: ex-Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    ok and this goes particularly for that last one- this is a GIMMICK thread. not a "this is how i wasted a newb" thread. just beating on a newb in a non humorous fashion is not what this thread is intended for. there needs to be lol factor- beating them with a ridiculous move or in a ridiculous fashion.

i dont even know what the **** that last story was about, and dude what the **** werent you wearing wraps for. that **** is yuck, you bleed on the bags at our gym you fucking carry it home, disinfect it, then carry it back to the gym.

Sorry I missunderstood the purpose. I've deleted the message to keep the thread free of clutter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 10:36pm

Style: krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hedgehogey, I would love to respond, but, all you did was quote me.
    You're style field is an emoticon ^_^?
    If I knew what you wanted ... I dunno?

You also chopped out where I said we do go hard.

Any way I'll try to guess, and answer what you're comment might have been.

I know that you have to work with a resisting opponenet at real speed and power or you don't know ****.

A guy walking into a kickboxing school is likely to know this. he's thinks he is, or at least can be a fighter, he's probably watched fights, thinks he knows a thing or two. he may be wrong in all this, but at least he's prepared to be aggressive.

A class that offers you self defence gets the interest of a broader cross section of people.
    Many don't know they have to spar, to fight. Many don't know how to throw a single attack, trained, natural, learned on the street, nothing.

The sooner you get to full on wide open work, the better,
    Unless you really don't know thing one about violence, MA, fighting.

Then it's like throwing a kid in the ocean to teach them to swim, or shooting live rounds at someone to teach them what to do in a gunfight.

We take a little time to get people going, you can teach some techniques to try, some movment, how to stand, some calm when being fucked with, some aggression when fucking with others, before you go lay into some total wet noodle.

I think I know what you think I'm saying, "that we can teach people to defend themselves with no live work." I'm not, I know better. They may think they can learn to but they can't.

We don't just say okay start fighting or get out. We get them ready for more than they thoght they needed when they walked in. Some don't get there that's okay, they leave. Some stay and learn enough to start working live, and really learning to defend themselves, to fight.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 11:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, if that's what this thread is about, I TKO'd my friend with a hook to his thigh (in place of a kick) after he complained about the leg kicks.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 11:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to get people down on the ground and grab thier hand and hit them with it and say

"stop hitting yourself"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 11:48pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knocked a guy out with the inside of my elbow (the inside of the joint) once. That was pretty gimmicky. Well, technically the kick to the head I threw after the elbow is what put him down, but I think he was going down anyways.

Too lazy to look up the name of the technique now, but it is an elbow thrown with the arm bent at 90.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 11:51pm

Style: Muay Thai/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty much all my gimmick stuff happened back when I did tae kwon do.

One of the guys who were on the same belt rank as I (but a black belt in some other crap) would always try and reinforce the rules and would bitch about them if I ever violated anything. For example, when I checked his kicks, he would say I kicked his leg (this was illegal by tkd rules) and when I punched him in the rib/chest guard he would say no punches allowed (actually, punches to the torso were allowed, just not to the head).

Anyway, one time we were sparring, and I spotted an opening: his ass. I decided to do a roundhouse sidekick combo with my right leg. As I roundhoused his ass with my instep, and it made a loud slapping noise; it probably stung pretty bad. He started hopping away from me with his hands on his ass, saying something about no kicks below the waist. I didn't hear him at this point, and continued with my combo. A sidekick to the ribs right as he was pushing off the ground on one of his hops. I sent him flying into the wall behind him. This pretty much worked every time. McDojo? You decide. It's still pretty jokes though.

Another one was with the same person. I had just watched Cradle 2 the Grave the day before and I thought it was really badass, so I thought it would be cool to take a narrow stance and have a really intense, Jet Li look. The other guy was feeling pretty confident as well. Right when I took a step forward, he countered absolutely nothing with his jumping back kick. And then he continued with a jumping double front kick. And for some reason, he threw a third kick while in mid air and fell flat on his ass, without even touching me. He then accused me of grabbing hold of his leg, causing him to fall.

Yeah that's about it from me. I've got some other stories from wing chun and tai chi but those aren't really worth mentioning...

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 1:36am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    setup for a spinning back kick, but instead of kicking, just spin. while your temporarily stunned sparring partner stops to figure out what the **** you just did, punch him.

i'm mentioning this as a gimmick, because the alternative is too embarrassing.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 1:45am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During kickboxing sparring with a girl at my old gym, I used a sweep on her and cradled her shoulders as she went down so that she wouldn't slam into the mat; the whole courtesy thing while sparring, aye?

She decides that while she's gently being let down, my guard is open so POW POW POW, three straight punches to my face. For the rest of the match, I punched her hands hard enough so that she was hitting herself in the face. Given that she had a fight coming up, I didn't feel right to go further than that and be a real asshole.

=-=-

During sparring with a relative n00b dude, he kept dropping his lead hand after a jab, so I kept coming in with the overhand right. After about 5 times, I mentioned it to him. Every overhand right from that point came like a windmill so that he was getting slapped on the head with my glove until finally, he kept the guard up.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 1:55am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    I like to get people down on the ground and grab thier hand and hit them with it and say

"stop hitting yourself"
    yeah ... I need to learn a more dominant ground game ... I keep getting pinned by judoka and wrestlers , after making them play catch the ectomorphic cracker till I am exhausted or they gas and allow me to sink one of the three or four subs I am comfy with using . The BJJ guys sub me all the time ... but only the wrestlers and judoka have done the "stop hitting yourself " thing .

3 nonStandard (up) Gimmicks starting with most lame .

1. The old "pretending to only know one combo that combines both punches and kicks" .
    2. patty cake , patty cake , thigh kick :it looks just like it sounds and a number of people have fallen for it .
    3. Oops ! : wait for a good solid blow to connect with your training partner then look concerned for his well being like you cut him/her , even start to appear to drop your hands , if they fall for it , hit them ... hard ... again with what you can , preferably with what you landed previous ....while you giggle wildly . Then look concerned , rinse repeat ... ( should only be done when you have someone else responsible for both parties safety i.e. coach , ref , seconds etc ... )

Alex , I hate this thread , but I had to subscribe to it and thought I would attempt to add something useful in the process .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 2:38am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One time I sucker punched a girl in the vagina because she wouldn't stop punching my shoulder after I asked her to stop about 50 times. I later slept with her. My friend renamed his band to VagPunch in honor of this event.

No, really.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast