Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 12:33am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnjunkie
    Stuff I used to do when I was actively sparring:
    - Punch people in the hands. My fists are made of like wrought iron or something so I don't feel a thing. But they get all pissed off and make like it hurts. Hence, I enjoy doing this.
    - My dad would do that waving left hand, punching right hand crap. So I quickly figured out if i saw the waving hand to just a kick down the center (front snap, thrust, or spinning back) as hard as I could. He quickly learned to take that game somewhere else.
    - LIVER LIVER LIVER LIVER LIVER FACE STOMACH LIVER FACE FACE (hooks)
    - I frequently like to throw "backfist-esque" moves that look like your typical ***** ass back fist but are actually a strike with the back of my wrist (aka the 'little elbow') or my forearm.
    - When checking a kick with the shin, dropping my left elbow onto the middle of their calf/shin. Kind of a dickhead thing to do, but I learned it by having it done to me and know full well how much it can hurt.
    - Whenever possible, kick them in the ass. That way later, even if you lose the sparring match you can go "yeah, but I kicked your ass." I found the tappy-no-power TKD roundhouse works well for this.
    - "oops, I didn't mean to hit you in the neck."
    - "oops, I didn't mean to hit you in the balls."
    - Jump snap kick their hands. "Used correctly, there is no defense". Thanks mr. Miyagi. Dislocated my dad's wrist doing this. Awesomesauce * 1000%
    - Hell, jump snap kick any time. It actually hurts them (and you) when it lands but really it's more fun to see the priceless look on their face like "OMG no you DIDN'T just karate kid me".
    You must stop sparring your 108 year old father. It's not nice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 5:05am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    you need to watch peter graham fight...

i love that second one. watching Hari get his jaw broken and be out cold for like 5 minutes was very satisfying to see live. guy is a disrespectful asshole to pretty much everyone he fights.
    Holy ****!
    Now that was a thing of beauty. Even more so because it was Badr Hari on the business end.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 2:50pm

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    You must stop sparring your 108 year old father. It's not nice.
    RAW-FUL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 12:47pm

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A year or so before getting my black belt in Goju, there weren't many adults in my class. So I'd bust out the snake style, doing that thing where I move my hand around in spearhand. Of course, instead of trying to actually hit me, they'd try to deal with my hand moving around like one of those guys from old kung fu flicks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 7:11pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I sparred guys of lower skill than me (not that many, lol, I still suck), I would go into a James Tony-esque guard (lead hand down by thigh, rear hand tucked by chin), and just throw annoying lazy jabs and slip their haymakers. I have pretty decent head movement and have a good sense of where punches will be thrown, so I suppose that's why my coach never said anything about it. I never was stupid enough to try that on him though.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011