Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #21
    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood supporting member
    Asriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,794
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm an ex chunner too y'know. Only wasted 2 years of my life before wasting another 5 in Praying Mantis and trying to learn 83 fucking forms.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp


  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    112
    Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    **** off. I already feel like a twat, I need sympathy and camaraderie. ****.
    Hey hey there matey, I'm on your side!
    I just thought you could argument against the defense the chunners often bring up.. that the ones that "see the light" and quit the chunning (and go to mma or whatever) haven't put enough time into the chunning, and THAT's why they can't fight for ****. But you my dear friend, HAVE put in enough time... so you can give us the truth... did you discover that you suddenly "understood" the principles so well that you could fight out of the blue? ;)

    Anyway man, I'm happy you saw the light finally. :sex:

  3. #23
    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood supporting member
    Asriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,794
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't mind RD, he wasn't being *completely* serious with his profanity. British sense humour and all that.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp


  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    112
    Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungkorn Dam
    Don't mind RD, he wasn't being *completely* serious with his profanity. British sense humour and all that.
    Hehe yeah I read it like a joke at first.. but then I thought he might be serious... so just to be sure.. :p

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069
    Style
    BJJ, Ju-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbah
    did you discover that you suddenly "understood" the principles so well that you could fight out of the blue? ;)
    Yes. But it wasnt sudden, it was a more gradual thing.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

  6. #26
    RunningDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,299
    Style
    Rehab
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbah
    Hey hey there matey, I'm on your side!
    I just thought you could argument against the defense the chunners often bring up.. that the ones that "see the light" and quit the chunning (and go to mma or whatever) haven't put enough time into the chunning, and THAT's why they can't fight for ****. But you my dear friend, HAVE put in enough time... so you can give us the truth... did you discover that you suddenly "understood" the principles so well that you could fight out of the blue? ;)

    Anyway man, I'm happy you saw the light finally. :sex:
    Oh right. Well now you can tell those chain punching little girls that 6 years down the line, they'll still get owned by someone with proper training. Tell them I said so.

    But you didn't really need me to tell you that. All you needed was the total non-existence of any credible tournament or fight record for any senior chunner. Argument won!

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    112
    Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    Oh right. Well now you can tell those chain punching little girls that 6 years down the line, they'll still get owned by someone with proper training. Tell them I said so.

    But you didn't really need me to tell you that. All you needed was the total non-existence of any credible tournament or fight record for any senior chunner. Argument won!
    Bwhehe.. yeah but it's so much more fun when someone who has actually put in the time says the same thing. :D
    I actually went down to a WT place with a friend to check it out... (yeah ok, get a good laugh) here in Sweden.
    Now, all of it was not crap. If I remeber correctly, they even thaught the MMA type block ("answer the phone" or whatever you want to call it). But when we had to stand in the typical WT stance I had to focus not to laugh out loud, hehe.
    Then we checked out their "advanced" students and instructors training. Well, it looked like beginners kickboxing. Also, they said we shouldn't watch them train... they didn't like it or something... maybe they were ashamed, I'm not sure why. :gay:
    The instructor told me than when they spar, they spar like kickboxers. So my question was, why not just skip the kata and just do the kickboxing part...

  8. #28
    RunningDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,299
    Style
    Rehab
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbah
    The instructor told me than when they spar, they spar like kickboxers. So my question was, why not just skip the kata and just do the kickboxing part...
    I used to think Kickboxing was inferior to WT, like all other martial arts are. I also thought that sparring wasn't like the street, because in WT, we train to finish the fight in 3 seconds with our deadliness.
    Now I'm about to join the KB club down the road I was so condescending about. I intend to be upfront, and tell them I need deprogramming due to years of chunning. Can't wait!

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    112
    Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    I used to think Kickboxing was inferior to WT, like all other martial arts are. I also thought that sparring wasn't like the street, because in WT, we train to finish the fight in 3 seconds with our deadliness.
    Now I'm about to join the KB club down the road I was so condescending about. I intend to be upfront, and tell them I need deprogramming due to years of chunning. Can't wait!
    Well it's true that sparring isn't like the str33ts... but it's still a lot better than doing forms and katas. :)
    Good luck and have fun! :)

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North, UK
    Posts
    70
    Style
    Ex-wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just found a couple of quotes from one of THE highest ranked WT instructors in the UK (Richard Summers, the guy who gave us the seminars) ...

    http://www.wtdefence.com/tonbridge/i...rtestim04.html

    "When he (Andrew Cameron) met GM Kernspecht five years ago he took the courageous decision of joining the EWTO. He had the strength of character to admit that WT was better than any Wing Chun he had learned before."

    To paraphrase, "we have THE deadly _ing _un." This is coming from one of the highest ranks in the UK.

    "Andrew has inspired an entire organisation to convert from one system of Wing Chun to another"

    That's right, leave the Chun, join the Tsun. This is the kind of message we got at that seminar.

    They're very nice people but ... they end up misguiding many people like me, and we have to deal with the consequences.

    By their own admission, they are the world's most professional organisation. I doubt it.

    Aleem.
    Last edited by Aleem; 1/12/2007 9:12pm at .

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO