Thread: introduction

Style
    Integral JKD concepts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

introduction

Hi my name is Alan, and i am pretty new to posting in this type of venue/forum even though i am a frequent visitor to many ma forums. I got back into training about 5 months ago. My main interest is in reality based martial arts and training. I mainly like to just listen to the discussions that are of interest to me. i've done some Wing Chun, jkd etc in fact i am training in Core JkD which is pretty much cutting edge MMA, i.e. thai, boxing,some jun fan, grappling/groundwork and clinching. as far as the trapping range is concerned, right now i'm pretty much a skeptic even though i think that using some of the basic stuff can work. the only problem is that it seems to be so much a part of peoples attachments err mindsets that people can not see beyond it. i think that anytime that you're thinking about trapping rather than hitting, you're in trouble. but saying all of that i still try to keep an open mind. As Matt thornton put it, some things you have to just let go of if you are seeking truth and not some fantasy or some image.

AikidoBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the Bullshido Forums alan001... Make sure you review your dojo and add it to your user control panel so you can get the icon in your user info bar in your posts.

Style
    BJJ n00b
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido

Style
    BJJ n00b
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alan001
    i've done some Wing Chun, jkd etc in fact i am training in Core JkD which is pretty much cutting edge MMA, i.e. thai, boxing,some jun fan, grappling/groundwork and clinching.
    Where do you study Core JKD? I've heard of JKD. What is the difference (if any)? Only reason I ask is I am reading the Tao of Jeet Kune Do.

Welcome.

Style
    Integral JKD concepts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I study in Tampa FL, from a guy named Shawn Rudie. it is really kind of his expression of jkd, of absorbing what's useful for himself. He oringinally trained in JKD concepts and he's done a lot of seminar work with Eric Paulson, Dan Inosanto etc. His grappling game is really good in my opinion. he also does some Wing Chun, but kind of does that separate. He calls it Wing Chun with a twist. i met him years ago and even though i'm not really doing the Wing Chun at the moment, i know that he is pretty inovative in his approach and knowing him, it is probably very "functional" check out the web-site at corejkdconcepts.com.

Style
    Integral JKD concepts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I study in Tampa FL from a guy named Shawn Rudie who i have known for about ten years or so he was one of the instructors at JKd ccncepts. He calls his expression Core jkd. It is what he has absorbed that is useful for himself. In my opinion his stand up, clinch and grappling games is really good. He also does what he calls Wing Chun with a twist and knowing him, i know that it is very functional. i'm not doing Wing Chun that at the moment though. check out the web-site at Corejkdconcepts.com.