Posted On:
    1/11/2007 12:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorinji-ryu karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tien Lung Pai

Hello all,

I am new to this site. I did see something from last year inquiring about "Professor" Mark Bober and his T'ien Lung Pai style of Kung Fu.

I studied with him and some of his students briefly a few years ago. Most of what he teaches is the same martial arts you would learn from anyone teaching a Chinese style.

It is nothing special. It is a little kooky though! If you are going to be part of his "family",
    then you have to go through some secret ceremony. (I didn't because it sounded and it was ridiculous.) Also, you have to have your hair cut a certain way, and you have to wear their family ring. One of the odd things was you had to give him money in three red envelopes. I don't know why.

It is a little out there......way out there!!!

One of his students told me he could move me with his mind! Hmmm, it didn't work!:bduh: Surprise!

Needless to say I continue in the art of Shorinji-ryu Karate.

He seemed to think of his art as the Alpha and Omega of the martial arts, and if you weren't learning it from him, then you were wasting your time! When I trained with him, he called it shen lung chuan. I don't know why they changed the name.

I also found him to be very disrespectful of other people and other styles of martial arts.
    Last edited by matsuhiga; 1/11/2007 1:55pm at .