Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 10:27am

Style: ex-Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronrawhoof
    Well,

The way I look at it is if you automatically doubt anything that I say about my build (which was only brought up to demonstrate a point and that point being that our sensei is a 60 year old man who has no problems handling a man of my size.) Which, if I remember correctly, his strength was called into question...

So, go ahead, I'm a big boy...tear me to shreds. I know, I'm full of bullshit.
    Sorry I missunderstood you. I just thought it was silly of you to include the bodybuilding bit when it has absouletly nothing to do with Shinkage Ryu. It just seemed like you were trying to change the subject to avoid answering questions. Btw, where did anyone say your Sensei was physically weak? I'm too lazy to re-read the entire thread, but I don't recal anyone calling Green a weakling.

I think you are still missing the point of this thread and the direction it is going. I can't speak for anyone else on bullshido, but I really don't care abour you or your sensei's unarmed skills. I'm also unconcerned with anyone's physical strength. I just want to know where Mr. Green learned Shinkage Ryu and kyudo.

Instead of beating around the bush why don't you just tell us who Mr. Green learned Shinkage ryu from?

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 5:36pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamash

Sensei Jim Green: 35 years teaching experience licensed certified Kenpo Instructor.

Studied under: Sensei Roy Tomason(Shorin ryu Karate), Sensei Sunny Johnson of Tracy's Kenpo Karate, Sensei Elmer Lewis of Tracy's Kenpo Karate, Sifu Ben Dacascos brother of Al Dacascos, Sensei Jimmy Mitchell Tracy's Kenpo Karate, Sensei Richard Willett of Tracy's Kenpo Karate, Sensei Mike Roberts of Tracy's Kenpo Karate.
    All I can comment on is this:

Al Dacascos does have a brother Ben, and they were both working with Tracy's Kenpo back in Denver, CO in the 70s. So, based on the Mr. Green's background with Kenpo and the Tracy system, the likelihood of studying with Ben Dacascos is possible.

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 5:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is quite hilarious.

I live in Cookeville and used to practice under Sensei Steve Williamson until he was arrested (Operation Tarnished Shield, check it out.) The whole fiasco was overblown in the media and my sensei was found to be less into the whole ordeal than he was. But I digress...

Jim Green is one of the instructors that had taught my sensei, so upon my sensei's arrest many of the students went to Jim's school hoping that it wouldn't be a drastic change. Sadly, we were all mistaken, and it turns out Jim likes to give a whole lot of spiritual God **** mixed with his arts. This would be okay if it were 100AD and we lived in China, but alas, we do not. Needless to say, I soon quit. I've been out of martial arts for a year or so now - I would love to start up again, but Cookeville is home of TKD and UNITED KARATE, neither of which I respect or would enjoy doing.

I'm willing to give Sensei Green another chance if this whole thing turns out to be false (because he's moving buildings, I thought he had just closed shop - the building on Jefferson Ave. is a sewing place now). Hopefully somebody discovers the legitimacy of his claims.

So, yeah, it's hilarious that I've found this. :P
    Last edited by nbmatt; 4/25/2007 5:47pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 3:46pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronrawhoof
    I'm 6'2" and weigh in at 265 lbs of muscle.
    ...*sniff* ...
    I wish I was 265 pounds of muscle.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345