Thread: Found a Vietnamese MA school...
1/10/2007 11:52am, #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- orlando, FL
Found a Vietnamese MA school...
Someone posted a link to this website at another forum I frequent:
Looks kinda bullshido to me:
- Created his own style
- Instructors I've tried researching and have black belts in EVERYTHING and crazy records (all unverifiable)
- No actual action shots of them doing stuff...only "stock" type photos of other athletes performing the styles they teach
- Throw in some internal martial arts...I didn't know Feng Shui was a martial art, though...I thought it was how you set up your furniture...
A quote from them:
"Hiep-Tinh-Mon Vietnam also offers internal and external force, including breathing exercises for longevity, curing illnesses, and general health and well-being. Some breathing techniques are similar to Chinese Tai chi, Yoga, etc. The Frog Style breathing techniques develop students' lung expansion and improves the cardiovascular system as well as internal organs."
I don't think it's too hardcore bullshido because they don't make a ton of outrageous claims like teaching you how to kill 10 men or disarm a fire-breathing dragon wielding an AK...they make your basic promises..."get you in shape" "teach you how to defend youreself" sort of things...However, I do see that they try to jump on the BJJ bandwagon...
"Best Martial Arts Styles are composed of...
1. HTM World Martial Arts (American Mixed Martial Arts)
2. Hiep-Tinh-Mon Vietnam (Combination of many Vietnamese kung-fu styles with elbow and knee strikes (Muay Thai) from Thailand)
3. Kickboxing (American, Muay Thai & Vietnamese Vo-Tu-Do styles of kickboxing)
4. "Daito-Ryu" Aiki-Judo-Jujutsu (The root of Aikido, Judo, and Japanese Jujutsu, also including Brazilian Jujutsu)
5. Internal Force (Vietnamese kung fu translated as: "Miraculous healing power of fresh air abdominal breathing techniques")
6. Yoga & Feng Shui instruction
7. Kenjutsu/Kendo (Including all traditional Japanese, Okinawan, and Chinese weapons)"
Anybody checked it out before?
Last edited by DaChinkOfSteel; 1/10/2007 11:58am at .
1/10/2007 11:56am, #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Tucson, AZ
"To be the best...learn from the best." I guess they think their the best.
1/10/2007 12:46pm, #3
they teach bjj, yet no one holes rank in it...hrmThere is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
1/10/2007 12:49pm, #4
I wasn't aware Vietnam had any native MA style, aside from being incredibly tough people.
1/10/2007 12:54pm, #5
oh, and don't forget
The 72 Fighting Elbows can be applied with deadly force to attackers' pressure pointsThere is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
1/10/2007 12:54pm, #6
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Sheffield, England
Their Instructors page: http://www.bestmartialartsstyles.com/instructors.html
Those grades should be easy to verify if they're legit, specifically the Kyokushin, Judo and Daito Ryu."Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
"Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
"I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
"Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
"Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
"More God delusions." - DAYoung
"Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta
1/10/2007 1:00pm, #7
Originally Posted by Neildo
- Join Date
- May 2005
- Montreal, Canada
I'm might be talking outta my ass but I think it's somewhat similar to wushu.
"edit: Master Derrickson yoga - Feng Shui" errr... how is that supposed to be a martial art!?!
Last edited by GreenHornet; 1/10/2007 1:03pm at .
1/10/2007 1:12pm, #8
they claim to have a muay thai champ! anybody heard of him?
1/10/2007 1:28pm, #9
this reminded me of an OLD thread I started...
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9830Real Join Date: Nov. 2003
Originally Posted by Dilbert
1/10/2007 1:30pm, #10Originally Posted by cyrijl