Thread: Hello

Style
    Internal TMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello

Hi all,

I've been a lurker for a little while and decided to join. I currently study SPM. Studied a few other styles before this.

Peace,
    - Naz

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BULL RUSH ON Nazgarn!!!

Style
    Internal TMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm yay.. I guess. :sniperdan

Style
    Wing Chun, Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabster the Bad Elf
    SPM? Sorry don't know that one, or maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet.

Welcome to bullshido.
    Southern Praying Mantis grasshopper...

Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido,
    what were those other styles and how long did you study them?
    What does your current training look like? Do you spar? Also with people outside your gym?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Style
    Internal TMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup Southern Praying Mantis.

Hmm my martial history is something along the lines of..

Dabbled in SPM, Kickboxing, Karate, BJJ BEFORE doing (a few months in each, except Karate just a few lessons there):

- A kung fu called Wu Chi Chuan for about 5 years. Incorporated Hsing-I Chuan, Bagua Chang and Tai Chi Chuan (Yang style I believe). Oh yeah Tun Tui (springing legs). Heavy on theory. Chi was a big factor, yet I never quite believed in it tho. Was being taught to teach the style. Quit that due to an altercation.

- Trained by myself in the garage for a couple of years configuring the training to suit my needs - strengthening, striking mainly, conditioning.

- A friend took me for a few lessons with a teacher in SPM about 1 hour drive away. Was very impressed with his strength, intellect and ability to teach students to become effective. Stopped it for a while as my Wu Chi Chuan training conflicted and it felt hard to change technique. A lot in fact was similar some different,

- Joined a Taekwondo school. A girl from work is a 3rd Dan running her own school (for about six months). Was interesting but the body mechanics were of course a bit different.

- Trained by myself again for a while, wanted to join a club again but was hesitent to find what club. Looked into some MMA schools a little.

- Got back into SPM (even though it's a fair drive away). We have a carpool so it's ok. Happy to train this now and will supplement with my own training.

As for my current training in SPM we do a lot of Chi Sarm Garp (a type of pushup) and Chiao Sau (sp?), Doi Jong - strengthening the bridge, two person excercises (strengthening the foundation). Combinations, hand techniques and the form are also incorporated. I love to train hard and intense and that's what we do in this school.

As for sparring, no we do not. I have nothing against sparring btw and I would find it interesting to spar those outside our school.

Personally, I think every martial art has something to offer, everybody has something to offer and it comes down to the person themselves: their natural ability, how hard they train, mental prowress, their heart and the effectiveness of their techniques.

Overall I would love to train more in BJJ and incorporate sparring into my training.

Peace,
    - Naz