Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 4:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay thai,Shoot Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sayin hi

I am new here, not new to MA. I live on Vancover Island and have been training at one form or another of MA for the last 7-8 years or so.
    I also have a very "colorfull" past as an ex-biker and sailor. I have pretty good idea what works in a street fight and what doesn`t...mostly learned the hard way. I now how bad guys work, I must admit I was not a very nice person back then...drugs n such played a role, as well as a nasty temper.

I have not been in an unsactioned fight in over 12 years now though, and no longer use those drugs...I`m not a "tea totaler" either though.

I`m 43 and still competeing, (amature MT/MMA) interested in talkin to others close to my age who don`t know when to quit either.

I have 1 win 1 draw record so far for Canadian amature Muay thai, but it`ll probably stay where it is. These fights where over tha last 2 years in Vancouver at the Fight Night events held at the Croatian Cultural center.

The main reason for not doing more MT is that at 43 I don`t feel like I have a lot of full out fights left in me, and I want to do a MMA event still. Also I have sparred the guy who holds the Amature MT title in my wieght class, and I doubt I have much chance of beating him. Lets not BS here, I would need quite a bit of luck..it would have to be a quick K.O....8).

I am currently looking at doing something at the Tiger Balms event held in Vancouver this spring, I did enter it once a few years back...was my first taste of legal fighting, and I was hooked.

I`m thinking of trying the advanced Pancration again if it`s still there. I entered that one before, but I got 3rd...there was only 3 competitors...and no begginners or intermeadiates. So I went into the advanced in my very first event....did ok on the stand up, but lost on take downs and not doing anything on he ground. I was up against a Judo sensi from a Vancouver school..and the other guy turned pro shortly after the event.
    The sensi who beat me was 57 though..maybe I can get a rematch if he is still around... I know I am not too old yet for that.

Any way, just sayin hi let u know where I`m at n what i`m about. I post in a few other MA forums, under the same name. I don`t post as much as I used too....but I`m still around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 5:25pm

Style: Still searching...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBill
    I am new here, not new to MA. I live on Vancover Island and have been training at one form or another of MA for the last 7-8 years or so.
    I also have a very "colorfull" past as an ex-biker and sailor. I have pretty good idea what works in a street fight and what doesn`t...mostly learned the hard way. I now how bad guys work, I must admit I was not a very nice person back then...drugs n such played a role, as well as a nasty temper.

I have not been in an unsactioned fight in over 12 years now though, and no longer use those drugs...I`m not a "tea totaler" either though.

I`m 43 and still competeing, (amature MT/MMA) interested in talkin to others close to my age who don`t know when to quit either.

I have 1 win 1 draw record so far for Canadian amature Muay thai, but it`ll probably stay where it is. These fights where over tha last 2 years in Vancouver at the Fight Night events held at the Croatian Cultural center.

The main reason for not doing more MT is that at 43 I don`t feel like I have a lot of full out fights left in me, and I want to do a MMA event still. Also I have sparred the guy who holds the Amature MT title in my wieght class, and I doubt I have much chance of beating him. Lets not BS here, I would need quite a bit of luck..it would have to be a quick K.O....8).

I am currently looking at doing something at the Tiger Balms event held in Vancouver this spring, I did enter it once a few years back...was my first taste of legal fighting, and I was hooked.

I`m thinking of trying the advanced Pancration again if it`s still there. I entered that one before, but I got 3rd...there was only 3 competitors...and no begginners or intermeadiates. So I went into the advanced in my very first event....did ok on the stand up, but lost on take downs and not doing anything on he ground. I was up against a Judo sensi from a Vancouver school..and the other guy turned pro shortly after the event.
    The sensi who beat me was 57 though..maybe I can get a rematch if he is still around... I know I am not too old yet for that.

Any way, just sayin hi let u know where I`m at n what i`m about. I post in a few other MA forums, under the same name. I don`t post as much as I used too....but I`m still around.
    I dunno if this is in exactly the right subforum ,but then again its not really my place to complain about that and the subject is also combat sports so I dont think it would matter. Anyhow have you thought about doing some sub grappling like BJJ? Im sure you could do that for the rest of your life if you really wanted to. Ofcourse im not trying to imply that you should continue muay thai.

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay thai,Shoot Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm u did not read the Shootfighting?....Shootfighting borrows much from BJJ. (edit: actually from Japanese jui jitsu as that is where the founder trained)
    As much as it does from Muay thai.
    Actually though I find the grappling quite hard on y body..mostly due too old injuries to my neck. I am spending time now on just protecting my neck from certain common cranks etc. Any thing that puts my chin on my chest with tension on it scares me a lot, and hurts for days after. Stand up is easier on me in many ways, I get a bruise or whatever but it heals....ruptured discs don`t. (though it was MT that ruptured the discs in the first place...nasty head through in last fight)

P.S.

I posted here cause I want to correspond with fighters/and or serious MA. If the mods wanna move it...np too me.
    Last edited by WildBill; 1/08/2007 1:12pm at .

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 8:10pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi bill
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 8:28pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think the question was more just because people tend to introduce themselves in newbietown, and hang out there until they get the hang of the way things run on the site. I say...whatever....welcome aboard.