Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 1:24pm

Style: Western Boxing mostly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Extreme Self Protection (ESP)?

http://www.extremeselfprotection.com/index.html

As anyone who has ever seen or taken note of my posts here can conclude... I have a certain love or favortism to the West. Why? I am not sure, I have a few ideas, but nonetheless it IS there. My searches on the net have led me to a number of finds including the above.

Marks video on extreme boxing (also reviewed here on bullshido) seems to get great reviews wherver I look. So I was wodering if anyone has seen these other videos of his on this site? Or if anyone has knows if his method here via video correspondance is worth it?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 1:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why the **** cant people just go to the gym for an hour a day instead of this ****?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 1:45pm

Style: Western Boxing mostly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    because not everyone lives near one. Not everyone can afford it, some of us do nto own vehicles in the metropolitan area, and furthermore... because some of us have some esoteric interests (western ones) in a market dominated by eastern arts.

If you want anything other than muaythai-bjj...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 2:22pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorsMitersaw
    because not everyone lives near one. Not everyone can afford it, some of us do nto own vehicles in the metropolitan area, and furthermore... because some of us have some esoteric interests (western ones) in a market dominated by eastern arts.

If you want anything other than muaythai-bjj...

fucking A RELAX

look.. when i used ot teach in vegas I would occasionally get one of these hard ass ESP camp former attendees in my school. honestly, they were ussually nutters tending to the paranoid side of things.......

the weapons training i had "demoed" to me seemed good and practical... mostly LE gun and knife basics...... the hand to hand was modified boxing and wrestling moves.. and it was poor.... they simply could not or did not spend enough time to get the body mechanics down.

if you want an expensive commando macho trip.. good choice.. you want to learn to fight? fins a school near you and put in hours over time so it becomes part of your movements.... period

what market are you in..... i'll recommend something in your area if i can

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 2:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how could you not get somewhere in the city? if you're not willing to train, then admit it, and stop blaming it on the "other things" in life. any videos you get are never going to be as good as the real thing, end of story.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 3:26pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like Mark Hatmaker's books. His submission ones are a nice add on to a regular sub library.

I dont have any of his videos, and have never attended and ESP seminar though so I cant speak for those.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 3:49pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He really seems deadset against all things eastern, to the border of xenophobia, too.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Books and DVDís are great. I have a decent library of books and DVDís and am gaining more all the time. However nothing can compensate for real live training. You can read and watch all the books and DVDís in the world and you will never have more than a basic understanding of how it all really works. Even training with your buddies in the garage utilizing these moves and techniques is sub par to the real thing. Sure youíll know how to perform half ass subs and attain positions but youíll be lacking the mechanics and details that will get you owned by people who really know their ****. Your best bet is to find a place and train with people who know what theyíre doing and supplement that with your books and DVDís. Even if you can only afford to go someplace for a private once or twice a month it will make a huge difference. For the fee it costs over the long run to join an online correspondence class including dues, conferences, testing etc. you are better off with going somewhere for real. Many instructors will charge by the hour. Get a group of your buddies together to split the cost. Becoming some apprentice or assistant teacher via internet and video holds little water in the real world.

BTW - Where do you live? Maybe we can help you locate a place to go.

Also, keep in mind there are a lot of free places as well. USA Wrestling has places all over the states and costs $30 per year. College campuses have MA clubs that are typically free.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo-Goju Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have Hatmaker's videos and books( a lot in fact), I would recommend them. I think they are an excellent rescource and supplament if you are training at a gym/club.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 6:15pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fyi - there is an org in vegas that also goes by esp..... obviously i should have read more carefully. I also own hatmaker's books and count them as some of the better ones out there.... sorry i was off in left field in my last post....

still.. finding a club you can train at over time will be money far better spent.... once you have skills and want to add to them with camps and seminars.. thsat makes sense... but to get a base in a short period of time is not the best way to approach your training imho
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast