U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Yet another who does not realize that in Asian culture it is uncouth to refer to yourself with your title--made up or not.
    I was actually told by an instructor who misuses his titles and any number of other Japanese terms/phrases that he "uses them the way he wants." When I told him that Japanese was a functioning, living language currently in use by millions of people, and that what he was doing was equivalent to my saying "ketchup polar bear garden tool" means, in fact, "you have a cute ass," he just shrugged and said "well, I don't speak Japanese, and neither do my students, and that's how my teacher used the terms, so..."

Some people just don't get the whole picture... and should be driven underground, to live in the dark until their offspring are pale and blind. :5crackup:

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:15pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Kings
    Who I am has nothing to do with whether TJH is a fraud or not and KR has already admitted that he wouldn't believe me even if I did reveal my ID. I'm content to allow the facts speak for themselves. Anybody with a whole brain can decide for themselves. Keep rounding up more of your flunkies to defend your BS Hartman.
    Who you are reflects on your credibility fucktard. If you are Mr. Anzalone or one of his students, why wouldn't we believe this thread is a thinly veiled vendetta against Mr. Hartman and his associates?

I have never heard of Mr. Hartman before today, and while I think KR's post of the Hartman FAQ does indicate some possible shadiness on his part, you are coming off as even more shady. You want to go around casting aspersions? Fine. This is Bullshido, don't act surprised when you are asked to verify your own credentials. That's one of the first things we do around here.

So answer the question 3Kings. Who are you and why are you trying to sling ****?

If you answer honestly, we'll be much more likely to listen to your complaints. Otherwise your just some anonymous shitstain attempting to draw Bullshido into your little backwoods feud.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:18pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets be honest here, if someone has been convicted of a treason related offense their word means nothing because they betrayed their country and are inherently untrustworthy. However claiming a military combat record is also loathsome, only to a lesser degree. It becomes relevant to the martial arts because said instructor will usually justify his teaching through similar bullshit tales. "This strike killed ten VC in Nam!"

Gyi is slime. Calling his conduct "tall tales" dishonors the men and women who have actually served this country by rationalizing his conduct.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt Stone wins the thread.

I made the "mistake" of calling a man who was then a 7th degree "Master."

"I'm NOT old enough GODDAMNIT!!"

He then discussed how no one should refer to himself as "master" and how "master" has become so "overused:

Open a yellow pages. It is "master this" and "master that!" I want to be something different! I want to be a marquis!
    So . . . I always refer to him as "Marquis."

--J.D, Q.C., M.P., K.B.E., Soke-Shihan-Kyoshi

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Lets be honest here, if someone has been convicted of a treason related offense their word means nothing because they betrayed their country and are inherently untrustworthy. However claiming a military combat record is also loathsome, only to a lesser degree. It becomes relevant to the martial arts because said instructor will usually justify his teaching through similar bullshit tales. "This strike killed ten VC in Nam!"

Gyi is slime. Calling his conduct "tall tales" dishonors the men and women who have actually served this country by rationalizing his conduct.
    Indeed.

Samuel wins "Honourable Mention" for the thread.

--J.D.

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:23pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It should be claiming a FAKE military combat record. My apologies for for my omitted word.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:23pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning

I was being polite sir, when the one I was arguing with was not. No slight towards those who served or serve was meant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:25pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "and while I think KR's post of the Hartman FAQ does indicate some possible shadiness on his part"

Not intended. Just a canned response to a very old argument. When one deals with the same thing repeatedly, one cuts and pastes, y'know?

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:29pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaith Rustaz
    I was being polite sir, when the one I was arguing with was not. No slight towards those who served or serve was meant.
    It's like the judo guy that bought a Medal of Honor (not the video game) at a garage sale or flea market or whatever, and went around claiming he'd won it himself. Sure, he was convicted (of a 3rd degree misdemeanor or some such bullshit), but people still flock to him and his defense.

Gyi has lied repeatedly about his background. Maybe the dude has skills. I don't know, and I won't waste time or money on him to find out. He's a liar. That kind of behavior tends to leak into the rest of a person's character, and I don't know how I could trust that he was teaching me something worth learning.

The fact that he degrades the service of legitimate men and women, many of whom have died due to their service, only makes the lies that much worse.

But I digress... Who's this 3Kings guy, again?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 11:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice try gentlemen but I have to live in this community and TJH has alot of support within the current infrastructure of WNY martial arts. That is the very reason for this thread, because so many turn a blind eye to what a few (not just TJH) do with no repercussions.
    For what it is worth I am not a disgruntled employee, former student, or competitor of any of the individuals I listed. I do however know them and they know me. I will not reveal my identity and if that means you dismiss the truth then that is your prerogative. The truth is the truth and the facts are the facts, whether I am anonymous or not. I could easily have made up a name and left it at that but I have no intention of doing so. TJH and BH are simply skirting the issue in any manner they can. I resurrected a thread from a couple of years ago which proves that this is not a recent phenomenam. Guys like Hartman, McPeek, and Phelps continue to do as they wish with impunity.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast