Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 8:24pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I've been involved in the WNY martial arts scene for many years in one capacity or another. "

Ok, so who are you?

"but this isn't MT"

Nope, it isn't dumbass.

It's just interesting to note what I noted, and really, unless you ID, I have no intent to engage you in intellectual warfare. I'll let the folks here tear you to pieces when your agenda becomes clear to them. Unlike MT, they don't have to play nice here. Have a nice day.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 9:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'n not trying to defend Jerry Phelps but in fairness he "only" claims to be the equivalent of a brown belt in BJJ, not an actual BJJ brown belt and he openly admits that he has only learned BJJ from tapes. However, he does have several awards/diplomas displayed in his dojo bearing his own signature and awarded to none other than..... himself.

Also, Tim Hartman is hosting a seminar 2/17/07 with exposed fraud Dr. Muang Gyi. Read more about Gyi and his outrageous claims here http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies40.htm.

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 9:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kaith, you seem to have the inside scoop, is this Anzalone a fraud? Are you suggesting he is the one slinging mud at your instructor and if so why? I find it disturbing that anyone convicted of treason is free and teaching martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 10:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a brief but loud blowup on MT a month or 2 back. One thread is in a signed-in only section, anyone with an MT account can read it. (Look in The Great Debate). Short version, Anzalone advertised his new club, he was asked about the crime, he blew up, some nutriders came in for the flame, all ended up being banned, they went to another board, talked smack, eventually the thread got tossed there.

Is he a martial arts fraud? Not as far as I know. His martial arts credentials are solid from what I've heard.

Am I suggesting he's committed treason? I'll leave that to anyone who read the military site.

Am I suggesting he's 3kings? Yes. Shortly after he was outted on MartialTalk, he (Anzalone ) went on a venom filled tirade on both MT and another forum. Those tirades were very similar to this thread, targeted the same people and made many of the same comments. If it's not Anzalone, then it is someone in his inner circle.

The difference between Anzalone and Gyi is, Gyi's never been convicted of attempting to sell secrets to the enemy. The man (Gyi) may tell some tall tales, but I don't think his martial skills have been in question. The same is true of Anzalone. Martial skills, top notch from what I've heard. But he was caught in the act, tried and convicted, and served time. Regarding Gyi, has he ever actually ever been charged and convicted?

As to 3Kings, he won't ID himself. Even if he does, I wouldn't believe him. We've outted at least a half dozen fake accounts all tracing to Anzalone since this started.

Tim's a big target, large organization, successful full time school, teaches internationally, etc. Most of the complaints I've seen over the last few years come from the same tired 4-6 guys in WNY who simply put have been bitching about him since the mid 90's, only back then it was "he will never be anything" to sour grapes now, and a bunch of sockpuppets. The 1 exception is a wackjob from NJ that when he hit here, y'all shut him down fast. It's rare if ever that you see anyone who counts say something and sign it. It's all anonymous losers, y'know?

What I see here is an attempt to defame several WNY instructors, all of whom happen to run programs that compete with Anzalone's. It seems suspicious to me.

Going back a bit, the question was asked about going from 7th to 9th skipping 8th and it was suggested thats nuts. I could say it's nuts to go from 3rd to 5th to 10th within a 2 year period, or to become a grandmaster when ones last test was 1st black, but y'all already know that. :)

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 10:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr. Muang Gyi was exposed as a fraud, so why does Tim Hartman host him for numerous seminars?

Here is a sample of Dr. Muang Gyi's fraudulent credentials,

WWII Veteran
    Lots of hand to hand and Ghurka Knife Kills
    Numerous Kills

Korean War Veteran
    Numerous Kills

Vietnam Veteran
    Was part of Black OPS (told me this personally)
    Once a POW MIA & traded for 11 VC or NVA
    Parachuted into N. VN or Laos dressed as a priest

Tim Hartman, what kind of grip do you use to hang from Dr. Muang Gyi's nuts so tightly?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 10:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What part of his martial arts, not military background is fraudulent?
    Was he convicted of anything? I know the military takes a dim view on such things, at least for some of those medals.

Why does Tim host him?
    Because there are people who find his martial skills to be worth paying to learn? Tim's clients include military and LEO. Given that, I find it unlikely that he'd risk his own reputation and livelihood.

I've heard some of Gyi's tales too. Found them, interesting. But in all my digging on him, I haven't found where he was tried or convicted of anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by injacolat1on
    Dr. Muang Gyi was exposed as a fraud, so why does Tim Hartman host him for numerous seminars?

Here is a sample of Dr. Muang Gyi's fraudulent credentials,

WWII Veteran
    Lots of hand to hand and Ghurka Knife Kills
    Numerous Kills

Korean War Veteran
    Numerous Kills

Vietnam Veteran
    Was part of Black OPS (told me this personally)
    Once a POW MIA & traded for 11 VC or NVA
    Parachuted into N. VN or Laos dressed as a priest

Tim Hartman, what kind of grip do you use to hang from Dr. Muang Gyi's nuts so tightly?
    As to grip....wouldn't the correct grip be Iron Palm?
    :D

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 10:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tubbard, address the facts as presented in this thread regarding Hartman's promotions by his own students along with his support of known fraud Dr. Gyi or STFU.

Create your own thread about Anzalone or whoever else you want to use to divert attention away from TJH's scandalous behaviour.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 10:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Kings
    Tubbard, address the facts as presented in this thread regarding Hartman's promotions by his own students along with his support of known fraud Dr. Gyi or STFU.

Create your own thread about Anzalone or whoever else you want to use to divert attention away from TJH's scandalous behaviour.
    Insults are the last resort of a losing argument.
    But since you aren't capable of such, I will refrain from stooping to your level, post the facts, and let the universe sort out the mess. This was prepared to answer the last batch of BS.
    ----------

Did Tim Hartman receive a 'promotion' from a board of directors that were junior in rank to him? If going on straight numeric rank then, Yes.

If Tim was promoted did that mean that they could be promoted to higher ranks as well? Yes

Is the fact that junior practitioners (that have Tim's signature on their promotions) that are on a board of directors for an organization that Tim is Director reason for scrutiny? Yes, if they all have his signatures.

Does this smack of conflict of interest? Maybe.

Since Tim's organization is a "Modern Arnis" focused group, isn't his '9th' in Modern Arnis then? Yes

If it was a 'leadership promotion' and not based on skill, why was skill mentioned in the Martial Talk announcement? Email them and ask them.

If it was skill based, why was the advantageousness of creating room for Tim to promote within his organizaiton (especially those that were topped out AND on the board of directors) mentioned?

Tradition indicates you can only promote to 1 grade below yours. By raising Tim to 9th, it opens the path for future progression.

What questions of yours haven't been answered? Here is the "TIMFAQ". It's my work, and I take the blame for any errors.

Q- What was Mr. Hartmans last rank under the professor?

A- Tested for 6th at July 2000 Michigan Summer camp by GM Presas. Reportedly the highest ranked test in US. Recieved Datu Title shortly thereafter
    This was documented on modernarnis.com by Lisa McManus.
    Source: Archives of ModernArnis.com
    http://datuhartman.com/bio.html
    martialtalk.com

Q- How was he promoted to a higher rank after the Profs' death?

A- He was promoted twice by the WMAA Advisory Board
    Promoted to 7th by WMAA Advisory Board Jan. 2003
    Source: http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5937

Promoted to 9th by WMAA Advisory Board June 2005 Source: http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24780

All 3, but mostly the first have been discussed to death on MartialTalk. This may be a good place to start, though some of the links are broken. http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157

Q- Who promoted Tim Hartman to 9th Degree?

A- The World Modern Arnis Alliance Board of Directors. (also refered to as Advisory Board)

Q- Aren't these his juniors in the arts? A- Yes and no. The WMAA BOD is made up of leading members of the WMAA on a rotating basis. Some of these members hold rank in Modern Arnis issued by Remy Presas, some of them hold rank in other FMA systems, some hold rank in other non-FMA systems. Some hold rank under the WMAA. Some have been training longer, and some shorter.

Q- Aren't these his students? A- Yes and no. The WMAA BOD is made up of leading members of the WMAA on a rotating basis. Some of these members have trained under Datu Hartman. Some have not.

Q- Who did the promotion? What is their qualifications? A- The WMAA Board of Directors, as follows:

Dr. Jeffery Leader - 4th Modern Arnis (last rank on file), "Time in" Senior.
    Chad Dulin - 5th DKI, 3rd Modern Arnis, 2nd TKD
    Rick Manglinong - 5th Kombatan, 5th TKD, 2nd Modern Arnis (MA rank may be higher, 2nd is last on record), 20 years teaching experience.
    Steve Scott - 2nd Modern Arnis, 5th Tae Kwon Do. 2nd Hapkido.
    Sal Todaro - 2nd Modern Arnis, Advanced Instructor under IMAFP
    Sources: Official organization records - WMAA/DKI/Kombatan, Google searches on individuals names, official bios on websites.

Q- What is the opinion of the other Modern Arnis organizations?

A- Each Modern Arnis organization is independent of the others and operate without obligation to the others. They set their own guidelines for promotion.

Q- Don't the other FMA Masters have problems with a board consisting of an instructors students and juniors promoting him?

A- As indicated above, the WMAA BOD consists of members with a wide range of experience. The overall opinion seems to range from it being a non-issue to acceptance.

Q- That's not an answer. Hasn't there been a great deal of controversy surrounding this promotion?

A- No. There has been a limited amount of outcry from a few individuals on Internet message boards, often operating under anonymous handles, however no major names have come out against this promotion.

Q- Who are the FMA and Modern Arnis masters who have taken issue with this promotion?

A- Unknown.

Q- How does this promotion rank in the Modern Arnis community?
    A- The Board wishes to emphasize the fact that Datu Hartman's Lakan Siyam rank refers to his rank within the WMAA. His rank from Prof. Presas is Lakan Anim, 6th degree black belt. The Board also wishes to reiterate that it is the position of the WMAA that all Modern Arnis Datus are equal in status. This numerical rank is within this organization, internal to the WMAA, and does not imply that Datu Hartman is ranked either above or below any other Datu with higher or lower numerical rank.

This FAQ is non-official, and based on comments here, and is not endorsed by the WMAA.
    Last edited by Kaith Rustaz; 1/07/2007 10:47pm at . Reason: formatting

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 10:46pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Kings

Given the political nature of MA, the doubts cast by Mr. Rustaz regarding your own identity and the fact that this is a localized dispute, you need to clarify who you are and who you study MA under if anyone with half a brain is going to give two shits about your complaints.

If you do not do this, the only person who needs to STFU on this thread is you.
    Last edited by jnp; 1/07/2007 10:51pm at .
    Shut the hell up and train.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast