Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 2:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say 3Kings is Hartman and Company and they made this thread in an effort to discredit Anzalone and make it look like it was the other way around.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 9:44am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Kings
    I have NOTHING to gain by revealing my identity. I don't fear any reprisal or backlash from anyone who I've spoken against, it just serves no useful purpose to reveal my name.
    hmmm... so if you're not concerned about reprisal in some form, why did you post this a while ago?

You know it's funny. Folks like Doug Marciada (who potentially has a lot more to loose as a member of the WNY FMA community) have openly entered into debates with Hartman, to his face. So color me still not impressed with 3Kings.

Nice try gentlemen but I have to live in this community and TJH has alot of support within the current infrastructure of WNY martial arts.
    Seems like you were a little concerned a while ago...

As far as videos go, here is another one you may want to check out.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46002314591075
    It's a match between Tim Hartman and brown belt Rick Argent.
    As someone whose been involved with full contact stick sparring competition and training, I tend to think anyone who was involved with that display shouldn't be particularly proud. Point stick sparring is a bane on FMA. Just as it is on every other martial art.

That said, The way I read the video was that "red" was scoring all the points. Wasn't Hartman red? If he wasn't, I'm happy to agree that if he was given the win after the fact it was BS.

I may not be the biggest fan of Modern Arnis, but you've still yet to demonstrate how Hartman is a fraud. The rank issue is pretty moot so far. And that leaves this competition footage.

I began my training under Master Reeders if any of you go back that far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    Is this the same "Master" Willem A. Reeders cited as one of Guy Savelli's teachers? If so, that's not a lineage I'd announce too publicly, what with Mr. Savelli's claims of supernatural mental powers (not to mention how he hangs onto the few classes he taught to the Army over 15 years ago as some kind of validation of his methods - if he was so legit, he'd still be teaching them!).
    I wouldn't judge Reeders by Savelli. Instead I'd look at folks like Art Sykes and Joe Salamone (who actually rents space from Omega). They're solid fighters and good martial artists. Reeders by all accounts was the same. Respect to 3Kings for having had the opportunity to work with Reeders.

To bad some of the lessons on living the martial way didn't quite take hold.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 10:02am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bernius
    That said, The way I read the video was that "red" was scoring all the points. Wasn't Hartman red? If he wasn't, I'm happy to agree that if he was given the win after the fact it was BS.
    Tim is the guy on the left, in the red/black shirt.
    Ric is in the all black shirt.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 10:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is getting redundant.

Look 3kings name one organization that spawned by itself and I'll declare you the winner.

Guess what? You can't. All organizations from Martial Arts to politics started, from a group of like minded individuals.

You are complaining because Tim Hartman started a group then.was elected to the head of the group.

Hmmmm sounds exactly like US politics, Are you going to crusade against them next?

Sounds just like Trump putting his daughter in the place of the fired blonde on his show.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaith Rustaz
    Tim is the guy on the left, in the red/black shirt.
    Ric is in the all black shirt.
    Was Hartman being scored as Red or was he being scored as blue? Because it seemed all the judges were flagging the red corned. I didn't watch the video with the audio track up.

In general, mostly what the video showed was how asinine that testing rubric is.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 11:35am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Tim wants to become a 9th dan after his master died. He has the following choices.

1) Forget about the promotion, declare himself the head of his own art, and award rank as the founder. (this would be intellectually honest)

2) Award himself a ninth dan promotion.

3) Get a pay to play hall of fame to award it. (disgusting)

4) Get his underlings on the board to award him the rank even though they are ranked below him.

5) Get some other FMA martial artists who founded their own art to recognize his rank. Problem, since they don't teach modern arnis this would also have problems.

If he discloses to his students exactly how he was promoted to ninth belt it isn't deceptive, the students can make up their own mind if its a bs promotion. However, this promotion is still questionable because the board that promoted him had a clear conflict of interest. If it had been me, I would have gone with option #1 and declared I was "beyond rank".

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 12:51pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not everyone who has ever trained with or hosted a seminar with Gyi is guilty by association. Only those who know he is a proven fraud and turn a blind eye.
    *Legal Note:

The opinion of 3kings are his and his alone. They do not, in any way, reflect bullshido.net which requires actual criminal or civil proof of fraud to accuse somebody of fraud. He is now warned that any other statement made without proof on this thread or this website is libel on his part.

You can continue what you're doing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 12:53pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    So Tim wants to become a 9th dan after his master died. He has the following choices.

1) Forget about the promotion, declare himself the head of his own art, and award rank as the founder. (this would be intellectually honest)

2) Award himself a ninth dan promotion.

3) Get a pay to play hall of fame to award it. (disgusting)

4) Get his underlings on the board to award him the rank even though they are ranked below him.

5) Get some other FMA martial artists who founded their own art to recognize his rank. Problem, since they don't teach modern arnis this would also have problems.

If he discloses to his students exactly how he was promoted to ninth belt it isn't deceptive, the students can make up their own mind if its a bs promotion. However, this promotion is still questionable because the board that promoted him had a clear conflict of interest. If it had been me, I would have gone with option #1 and declared I was "beyond rank".
    Why am I doing your job???

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 5:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    *Legal Note:

The opinion of 3kings are his and his alone. They do not, in any way, reflect bullshido.net which requires actual criminal or civil proof of fraud to accuse somebody of fraud. He is now warned that any other statement made without proof on this thread or this website is libel on his part.

You can continue what you're doing.

Legal Fu FTW!!!!

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 6:29pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Why am I doing your job???
    Because I'm punchy after spending the last two months dealing with lots of problem threads.