Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ironically, I know two of his students, well I should say someone who studied under him for a while. One is a very good martial artist and instructor, however, he started in Shotokan back in the late 60's. The other was also a good technician and was well on his way to the Olympics but broke his arm in a car accident. He was kicked out of the school afterwards for damaging his body.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  2. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 4:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lets say you win a fight against him, he may be so ashamed that he comes after you with a gun or a knife from behind later on

if you don't feel threatened then let if go

on the other hand, if you feel he might bother your wife then you might have a talk with him in private so nobody feels like they have to defend their honor in front of their students

I would make a report with the police and with his organization if he threatens you repeatedly - if it fades away then don't worry about it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 5:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to agree with 9chambers
    if you don't feel threatened then let if go
    However, if you do then go through "official" channels first, unofficial channels second, and then give your wife a tazer to zap his nuts if he does try anything against her.

Definitions:
    "Official channels" :
    1. The police. Press charges if possible. At least notify them of the threat. Having a record of the threat will make a later investigation easier for them. Also think about getting a restaining order against him. Reporting the threat first will make getting the restraining order easier. It won't keep him away from his wife but it will make it easier to nail his ass against the wall if he does do anything. For an additional kicker have it served to him at his school.
    2. Contact the better business bureau about it. They can't do anything either but they will record the complaint and it will be available for people who use the bureau as a source of information before entering into business with him.
    3. Contact his association with the complaint. TKD is so image concsious that I am sure he'd be contacted about the complaint, potentially reprimanded and if there is a standing restraining order against him then his association with the WKF may even be suspended.

"unofficial channels"
    1. You're instructor. Talk to your instructor, tell him what you've told us about not wanting to embarass him (you're instructor) and ask for his advice. A phone call from your instructor may settle it. Additionally, you're instructor may know if you have a chance against the guy and possibly prepare you for any match.

And if all else fails take the message in my next story to heart.

From the DJ files:

I had a JJ instructor who was Force Recon during the Vietnam war and actually had to use what he teaches in real life or death situations. Well, one day he let his opinion of a local TKD instructor slip in class and as it turned out one of his students had a brother who trained with the TKD instructor in question.

Well, the TKD instructor was a little miffed and challenged my instructor. The format of the challenge, and I'm not kidding, they would break some bricks first (in front of the TKD guys blackbelt class) and then proceed to kick each other's ass.

The day of the challenge arrived and the TKD instructor stands in front of the class, stack of bricks in front of him, huffs and puffs like the big bad wolf and then smahes through several of the bricks (not all).

Then my instructor steps up to his stack of bricks, goes through the exact same huffing and puffing, and then pulls a hammer out of the sleeve of his GI and smashes through the bricks. He then stood up and looked at the black belts in the class and said "Only a moron would use his hands when he has a tool that will do a better job", then he looks at the TKD Instructor and says "Now, what the **** did you want anyway?"

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway" the TKD instructor suddenly forgot about the "challenge" and thanked my instructor for the demonstration.

End of story.

The translation for you . . . Don't fight fair. If you think he might bring a bat then you bring a gun.

Whatever you do, don't have any fight/match on his terf. Keep it on your terf, and in your terms.

And seriously think about the restraining order.

Good luck

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 11:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice DJColdfusion
    that was good example...
    i liked it...

-Bhudhijeevi-

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/10/2002 9:13am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well last night I went by my dojang and I decided to do the "Korean" thing, if you will. I talked to my GM and told him the story. He proceeded, right then and there, to call McKim on the phone. What was said, I don't know (I don't speak Korean well). All I know is that I did recognize some of the swear words and that my instructor was getting very upset at the conversation. The conversation lasted abotu 15 minutes and then my instructor hung up the phone and told me not to worry about it anymore that he has taken care of it. I asked him what had been said, and he just told me don't worry, he took care of it. So I left it at that. I thanked him and went home.

When my wife got home from work I proceeded to talk to her about it. She was, at first, displeased that I involved my GM, but then felt a little relieved because she knows that I am the type to go and settle disputes on my own. She told me that since my GM was his senior (not only in TKD but in the Jidokwan family) that he probably just bitched at him and told him to stop being and asshole. So I guess we will see what happens the next time he is at the resteraunt, since he frequents that place occasionally.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12