Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 12:30am

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone read through the section on how to counter a striker? That was an...interesting experience. Did you know that a striker will be confused by/won't know how to defend against a palm strike, because it is so different from a punch ?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 1:05am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    maybe if we had admins who actually posted once in a blue moon and/or stickied the technique posts people DO make it might not be so void of thought. i cant be fucked writing any more articles because they get a couple of "thanks" replies then fall into nothing, to be replaced by retardo **** that should be in gitmo.
    I'm a mod in strikeistan now, so just shoot me a pm or something if there's anything you think should be stickied or whatever.

Me and Kat are going to start a "technique of the week" type thing (probably shortly into next week) where we show a trick or two that we've picked up and do a little video demonstration and write up of it and people can ask questions or whatever. Hopefully it'll add a little something to strikeistan.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so that's why you turned yellow.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 1:30am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    so that's why you turned yellow.
    Naw, the color change is because I was upgraded to sponsor status after winning 2nd place in the dojo review write up contest.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 1:46am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently nobody else noticed this(or just decided not to mention it)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid TKD site
    So, to defeat a ground fighter, you must be an effective puncher and kicker, know some effective submission techniques, be an effective standup grappler with good pummeling and sprawling skills, and know some effective ground grappling techniques.

Funny how you have to learn a bit of striking, grappling and avoidance for that, rather than staying with a 'pure' art like the article says at the beginning.
    Last I saw, TKD didn't offer much of that, either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 12:12pm

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The article seems to have some (very little, almost none) valid information and statements based on valid information mixed with mostly a load of crap. . . all the components of propaganda if you ask me.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 2:54pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I'm a mod in strikeistan now, so just shoot me a pm or something if there's anything you think should be stickied or whatever.

Me and Kat are going to start a "technique of the week" type thing (probably shortly into next week) where we show a trick or two that we've picked up and do a little video demonstration and write up of it and people can ask questions or whatever. Hopefully it'll add a little something to strikeistan.
    Looking forward to it. Strikeistan needs some activity. Just don't let the power go to your head and turn you into a horrible deity who rules by fear like a certain mod who shall remain nameless.
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 3:16pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy's site allows you to email him. He seems to enjoy talking. I suggest we have a representative do so.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    I think the OP has a good hypothesis. We should test it by bringing together martial artists of each style and having them fight in some sort of enclosure with no time limits and minimal rules. To see what the best style is.
    Hmmm... that will never catch on... next thing you'll hypothesise is that a little South American dude will be the first real star... winning on the ground... from the bottom... using an adapted Japanese art with all the nonsense taken out of it... you kill me, guy, you really do.

If anything like that ever was staged, a redneck karate guy, or a ninja would win it.

U
    ltimately, your idea has merits...
    Forget silly grappling...
    Concentrate on arts that combine striking with bowing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2007 3:41pm

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    This guy's site allows you to email him. He seems to enjoy talking. I suggest we have a representative do so.
    I volunteer you for the job.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast