Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    1/12/2007 10:33pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the ad, "Fitness MMA" and "training techniques" make me think this is an extended sor to f aerobics course pulling in some of the various warm up exercises and drill of various martial arts for a full body workout.

A sample workout...

Shrimp down the room, forward roll down the room, knee down the room (alone or possibly with a partner on a pad), push kick down the room, rinse, & repeat. jab, cross, hook, thai kick, sprawl, rinse & repeat. Judo squat, lunge, sprawl, roll over and bridge, rinse & repeat. Kickkickkickkick, punchpunchpunch, kneekneeknee, elbowelbowelbow, down on the ground and punchpunchpunch elbowelbowelbow kneekneeknee!

That's kind of what swims through my head: a fitness class for aerobic conditioning utilizing various drills and exercises.

Ask him if this is a sort of non-stop aerobic fitness class or whether that 40 minute ids devoted to actually developing techniques. Ask whether there will be any force-on-force drilling/sparring. Ask whether this is intended to be a complete SD/MA program or more of a fitness supplement to one's normal regime. Ask who came up witht he proram, is it taught by a new instructor there? If not, and this guy is the one teaching it, was he given an outline, books, tapes to base this fitness program off of?

If it is just fitness, I don't see a problem with someone not necessarily well versed in MMA running it- it's just a slightly more complicated aerobics course. If he claims that it's a legitimate MMA program utilizing those various arts and he's the one teaching.... well, use your own discretion.

Don't be a dick.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    1/12/2007 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Die, Tenshi!
    From the ad, "Fitness MMA" and "training techniques" make me think this is an extended sor to f aerobics course pulling in some of the various warm up exercises and drill of various martial arts for a full body workout.

A sample workout...

Shrimp down the room, forward roll down the room, knee down the room (alone or possibly with a partner on a pad), push kick down the room, rinse, & repeat. jab, cross, hook, thai kick, sprawl, rinse & repeat. Judo squat, lunge, sprawl, roll over and bridge, rinse & repeat. Kickkickkickkick, punchpunchpunch, kneekneeknee, elbowelbowelbow, down on the ground and punchpunchpunch elbowelbowelbow kneekneeknee!

That's kind of what swims through my head: a fitness class for aerobic conditioning utilizing various drills and exercises.

Ask him if this is a sort of non-stop aerobic fitness class or whether that 40 minute ids devoted to actually developing techniques. Ask whether there will be any force-on-force drilling/sparring. Ask whether this is intended to be a complete SD/MA program or more of a fitness supplement to one's normal regime. Ask who came up witht he proram, is it taught by a new instructor there? If not, and this guy is the one teaching it, was he given an outline, books, tapes to base this fitness program off of?

If it is just fitness, I don't see a problem with someone not necessarily well versed in MMA running it- it's just a slightly more complicated aerobics course. If he claims that it's a legitimate MMA program utilizing those various arts and he's the one teaching.... well, use your own discretion.

Don't be a dick.
    Thanks Die Tenshi . Looks like I get to try out my new mp3 player/recorder .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 3:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I don't know, the whole thing doesn't bother me much. People have made fitness classes out of all sorts of things. As long as he maintains in both the marketing (check so far) and in the class itself (remains to be seen) that it's fitness and not practical, I'm all for it. We're benefited as a nation when people get out and excercise, and if it takes people suspending their disbelief momentarily in order to get off the couch, then great. If when they leave the class they snap out of it and say hey, I know it's just fitness and not real, that's cool.

Of course, it all changes if he says things in class like "this will disarm an attacker" or "now you know how to do such-and-such a strike".

But hey, this is my first post so...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123