Thread: Hello from NYC

Style
    Jujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello from NYC

Hello Bullshido members,

Iím new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I call myself Izzyzx, because Izzy is my nickname and zx because they are my favor letters. My ID is Avispa which Spanish for hornet. Iíve always had a lot respect for hornets and warps. They are gentle and peaceful, but turn very violent and aggressive when agitated or threaten. I believe that would describe me.

I was born in Bayamon PR, but I live in NYC. I attended Pratt Institute, BklynNY, and I work today as Manufacturing Process Engineer in NY.

I have studied MA since 1969 and Iím still practicing. I currently hold a 5th degree black belt in Yamabushi Jujutsu (NYC). I have a teaching certificate in Yamabushi Kai. But I have also studied Mi Yama Ryu Jujutsu, San Yama Bushi Jujutsu, Kodokan Judo, and Aikijujutsu.

My other pass times are. Iím a Ski Patroller at Jack Frost, PA and participate is auto racing with Northern New Jersey Region Porsche Club of America. I also coach Special Olympics Volleyball and Skiing. Iím a no BS kind of guy and I am interested in training and discussing MA. If we have some things in common or you would like to discuss the arts please reach outÖ

Izzyzx
    Last edited by Avispa; 1/09/2007 10:53pm at .

HughesBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, Avispa. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Style
    Judo & BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome. Please restore your font to normal color, font and size please. My eyes hurt. It will make your life much better out of newbietown.

Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^
    What he said. Word by word, including "welcome".
    Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is Yamabushi Jujutsu? Do you have lineage to Japanese Mountain Warriors? If not what Ryu-Ha is it based on? Doy ou train weapons in this style? which ones?

Style
    Jujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the welcomes... I enjoy the arts immensely... And this website looks like a great source of information and brotherhood...

izzyzx

Style
    Jujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    What is Yamabushi Jujutsu? Do you have lineage to Japanese Mountain Warriors? If not what Ryu-Ha is it based on? Doy ou train weapons in this style? which ones?
    Yamabushi Jujutsu is a system founded by Shihan Miguel Ibarra (maybe youíve seen his videos). The name is derivative of our foundation System/Ryu : Mi Yama Ryu -- Tremont (three mountains) School of Judo and Jujutsu -- thus the Mountain Warrior. Yamabushi is not a weapons system even though we do practice weapon (such as knife, sword, club, and gun) defenses. Itís a combat/grappling system with a mix of Aikijujutsu.

Izzyzx

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    welcome to bullshido,

some of the new york members are getting together this sunday for an open mat sparring session (aka a "throwdown")

check this thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49054
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Jujutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    welcome to bullshido,

some of the new york members are getting together this sunday for an open mat sparring session (aka a "throwdown")

check this thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49054
    Thanks... I beleive someone from Yamabushi Kai is planning to be at this "Throwdown"... His name is Ralph Melendez... Good luck.

Izzyzx