Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 5:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cant get behind (yes the pun was intended) the whole "gay gene" thing.
    Being gay is like someone having a foot fetish. Its a mental thing.
    I suppose through counseling and the like maybe they can be "turned" but why bother? We dont try to "counsel" the people who like to have their balls stepped on by women in high heeled shoes.

Village of Idiocy Resident

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 8:03am

Style: Dead Lemur Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I think "Village of Idiocy Resident" means you should really attempt to pass opinion."

sorry.. what?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 9:08am

Style: Tiger Crane combination

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who is putting capital letters in front of the words destiny and right, and claiming they are on his side, is clearly a danger to society. When this guy goes off its gonna have everyone in the world wishing they had just said yes to Happeh Theory.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 9:55am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    I cant get behind (yes the pun was intended) the whole "gay gene" thing.
    Being gay is like someone having a foot fetish. Its a mental thing.
    I suppose through counseling and the like maybe they can be "turned" but why bother? We dont try to "counsel" the people who like to have their balls stepped on by women in high heeled shoes.
    Well, there are two dimensions: On the one hand, it either is or is not [at least partially] genetic; on the other hand, it either is or is not morally relevant. I'm vaguely curious with respect to the first dimension; not that it's a significant issue to me, just generic scientific curiosity. The second dimension is much more important -- I'm pretty adamant that it isn't morally relevant.

Ultimately, I suppose, the origins of homosexuality will only determine whether homophobes try to fight the gay onslaught via gene therapy or psychotherapy. Either way, to hell with them.

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 10:02am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is really getting into the whole nurture or nature debate, and I had thought it had been pretty well proven in the scientific community that it was a bit of both....

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 10:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter
    Ultimately, I suppose, the origins of homosexuality will only determine whether homophobes try to fight the gay onslaught via gene therapy or psychotherapy.
    I'm thinking its going to be "with flamethrowers" myself...

*The David Duke signal flashes across the sky*

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 11:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter
    Well, there are two dimensions: On the one hand, it either is or is not [at least partially] genetic; on the other hand, it either is or is not morally relevant. I'm vaguely curious with respect to the first dimension; not that it's a significant issue to me, just generic scientific curiosity. The second dimension is much more important -- I'm pretty adamant that it isn't morally relevant.
    I dont think its genetic. IMHO. Moral relevancy depends on your politcal/religious/societal views. I think its immoral, possibly because I dont understand it, possibly because of my religious upbringing.
    Of course, some people would say that me banging MOM34 doggie style while choking her with a silk scarf is immoral too.
    I rag on the homos here on Bullshido because they are so easily flustered by it. They get all riled up and say that I am a stereotyping redneck trailer trash asshole. Of course, they fail to see that they just stereotyped me.

Ultimately, I suppose, the origins of homosexuality will only determine whether homophobes try to fight the gay onslaught via gene therapy or psychotherapy. Either way, to hell with them.
    The homos or the phobes? I dont hate people because they are gay/straight/bi/bestial whatever. Its there business. As long as they dont try to push their agenda on me and mine, then let them be.

Quote Originally Posted by honesty
    This is really getting into the whole nurture or nature debate, and I had thought it had been pretty well proven in the scientific community that it was a bit of both....
    This actually fits in with the happeh theory debate.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oldman me old china, a few thoughts before Petter chimes in with the intellectual equivalent of nuclear weapons:-

Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    I dont think its genetic. IMHO. Moral relevancy depends on your politcal/religious/societal views. I think its immoral, possibly because I dont understand it, possibly because of my religious upbringing.
    How about, what two consenting adults get up to so long as they ain't hurting anyone, isn't wrong? No judgement on you just food for thought....

Of course, some people would say that me banging MOM34 doggie style while choking her with a silk scarf is immoral too.
    Not me, live the dream mate!!!:occasion1
    I rag on the homos here on Bullshido because they are so easily flustered by it. They get all riled up and say that I am a stereotyping redneck trailer trash asshole. Of course, they fail to see that they just stereotyped me.
    Do two wrongs make a right? Well, the whole "ragging on homo's" bit gets done to death here, so long as it's in jest.... As it usually is here....I hope....

The homos or the phobes? I don't hate people because they are gay/straight/bi/bestial whatever. Its there business. As long as they cont try to push their agenda on me and mine, then let them be.
    The "gay agenda"??? ROTFLMAO.... Seriously though, I think you're driving at live and let live, which is cool...!!

This actually fits in with the happeh theory debate.
    You're comparing happeh to the Nature and Nurture debate?? I think you should elaborate!!

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 3:48pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No nukes here. In fact, you pretty much said all that I have to say. I just want to add one personal view (that does not pertain to Oldman, but I find relevant to the topic):

Personal taste or distaste should not dictate moral judgements. If you find gay sex squicky on a personal level, and decide on that basis that gay sex is immoral (because disgusting), that's no more rational than it would be for me to declare that because Brussels sprouts are vile, it is immoral to eat or to grow them.

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 6:18pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *taking notes on excellent comeback against gaysex=evil argument*

*proceeding with the push-ups*