Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 1:53am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow... almost got that one perfect... 2 posts and gone.

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 2:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Two Dragons Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forgive me, my account wasn't working yesterday. Now that I am able to respond, yes, I believe Soke does teach grappling. He teaches whatever there is to be taught in our system, only if and when he feels you are ready for it to be taught.

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 2:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soke has studied under Hwa Rang Do and Shoinryu Karate-Do. The only master I can remember the name of is Bud Tolene (sp?) and I believe he was the Hwa Rang Do master (Hwa Rang Do translates to Way of the Flowering Man). I cannot remember who he studied under for his Shoinryu time, but I do know that he is good friends with many instructors. He has even taught soldiers and bouncers self-defense and joint locking, he is a business man though, so I can say he is difficult when it comes to buying and selling things. He is a very strong man, he had spinal injury and went to Germany for a disc replacement surgery, and was back out on the mats when he shouldn't have been.
    He is an inspirational leader, but he is tough. He has seen many promising students slip through the cracks, so he has hardened himself against such things. He has taught many people, and through him they have gone on to be great teachers.

Posted On:
    3/10/2011 5:56pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool. Glad you made it back, sorry if I'm being sarcastic but most people seem to run off when questioned.

So what actual ranks does he hold then? Any? ..and if not what actually qualifies him to teach?

On that note, what does he actually teach in his grappling class? Nothing you listed is really known as a "grappling" style.

Posted On:
    3/14/2011 2:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't done much under him myself, most of my teaching was done by Sensei Hyatt, but we dabble in a little of everything, ranging from Krav Maga, Okinawan Karate, Korean Tea Kwan Do, joint-locking, kick boxing, kata, weapons, etc. I only know that Soke (Founder) has a (I believe) fourth degree in Shoinryu or in Hwa Rang Do, I haven't been to the dojo in quite some time, much less even than when I was learning about Soke. I never paid too much attention to Soke, mostly I did in my own training. As for qualifications, he's a wonderful teacher, he knows how to get people to follow him, he teaches what he has been taught and in ways that he believes is better for whatever reason. What makes a teacher? Experiance (spelling?), patience, leadership, Soke has had many challenges in life, many times his martial arts has saved his life even while he was only training in other styles, and he brings together the other blackbelts who have studied in other systems and puts everything together, giving them the chance to teach what they have learned. Our system is a collection of many things, all put together in the best ways they can be.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12