224938 Bullies, 3701 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Do you own: Japanese Sword Fighting: Secrets of the Samurai?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I admit to closet geekdom

16 15.38%
  • No, never, you cant prove a thing

52 50.00%
  • Ninjas stole my autographed copy

36 34.62%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 3:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reptileddp
    i happen to be a student of hatsumi's and i have lived in japan.
    A Student of Hatsumi Sensei? For how long? Where abouts in Japan did you live?

and for any sceptics or bujinkan haters the bujinkan is for real and can be proven, in fact, if you only want to talk about legal documentation and facts, Hatsumi is the true grandmaster. his credentials speak for themselves
    You seen these I take it? What credetnials are you talking about? Just out of interest.

if you want to crack on phonies...try Genbukan or anyone who claims to know Koga Ryu.
    Right and the Genbukan is a fraud organisation why?
    Last edited by spooky; 4/11/2007 3:38am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 5:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am in the military, i lived on yokota AB in Fussa city. about 1 hour away from hombu.
    i also travel back to japan 2-3 times per year for atleast 2 weeks to 1 month for training,

i have been training in martial arts for over 20 years. and have been studying bujinkan for about 15 yrs. and i was in the genbukan for a couple years...

i just dont get how genbukan members can train under tanemura...in a way he is a fraud, he has lied about alot of things...
    check out the Panther video productions..they did a veideo series on him, and watch the history and tradition tape, where tanemura talks about how he learned martial arts....he flat out lied about his history.

hatsumi vs. tanemura... alright, hatsumi sensei not only received the grandmasterships in 9 Ryu we study from Takamatsu, but he also inherited the scrolls from Takamatsu that he was given by his teachers.

tanemura claims that he was taught by Akimoto fumio...who did not teach anyone! he died!
    read your history...(takamatsu gave sokeship of Gikan ryu to Akimoto fumio. but he died, so he gave it to hatsumi)

tanemura claims that some of his teachers were top students of Takamatsu, the fact is and truth, none of his teachers he 'claims' to have studied under...actually met takamatsu.

there were a few martial artists back then who were in corraspondance by letters with takamatsu ONLY. Hatsumi sensei's uncle who hatsumi was currently training under was one of them, after takamatsu sent him a few techniques to try out by mail, hatsumi went to go meet takamatsu in person.

Takamatsu Never gave any soke ships or titles to anyone else, he never had any other students, Tanemura learned first by studying in the Bujinkan!!!! all the old bujinkan books and videos prove this.

the fact is, tanemura could NOT understand what hatsumi was teaching, so he took off.

you know...Catching a Horse by Its Tail....to go for a ride,

Hatsumi has a dragon's tail...

and dont mock a book that you can't read...hatsumi's teachings truly come alive and is shown right here in this forum, with people mocking a book they dont understand.
    hatsumi writes in code...you have to "read between the lines" in order to get the real meaning behind what you read.

you cant learn Karate by studying Judo, you can learn tae kwon do by studying wrestling...

and mocking an art just because you dont understand it ( or you think you do) is foolish.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 5:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    on the subject of hatsumi's credentials... i dont keep track of all of them so i can send out copies to every one. look him up online at a legitamte website not some forum and you will find them, and yes i have seen hatsumi's house, and in training when he receives awards and such, he shows them. infact if you look in some old training videos he will show the scrolls as well.
    you can also look in the Japan Daijiten...its the book that publishes all the "actuall" old titles of martial arts...with lineage, of course it's in japanese....

i am not gonna waste my time listing all of his accomplishments. and no one can disprove hatsumi. no one has video footage of themselves training with takamatsu, no one has a soke ship issued to them by takamatsu except hatsumi, and hatsumi was given ..by takamatsu his scrolls he received. he inherited these arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 2:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You said you were a personal Student of Hatsumi Sensei ? Would you care to tell us a bit about your experiences?

Also do you still go to Japan? I.e. are you still activly training?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tanemura claims that some of his teachers were top students of Takamatsu, the fact is and truth, none of his teachers he 'claims' to have studied under...actually met takamatsu.
    What about Masaji Kimura, Sato Kinbei and Yoshio Fukumoto? They all trained under Takamatsu for a long time. Yoshio Fukumoto even got a menkyo kaiden in Togakure Ryu.

All these men taught Tanemura.

Takamatsu Never gave any soke ships or titles to anyone else, he never had any other students,
    Erm, what about the thousand or so students he had while in China?

Not to mention the three men mentioned above: Sato Kinbei, Yoshio Fukumoto and Masaji Kimura.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 9:12pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tanemura claims that he was taught by Akimoto fumio...who did not teach anyone! he died!
    read your history...(takamatsu gave sokeship of Gikan ryu to Akimoto fumio. but he died, so he gave it to hatsumi)
    Simply not true. Akimoto, who had received the Gikan Ryu Sokeship from Takamatsu was actively teaching before he died. Additionally he had designated Tanemura as the one he felt should receive the Sokeship when the time came. Saddly he died unexpectedly.

I'm sorry, but this is simply untrue. Who ever told you this deceived you, either intentionally or by their ignorance.

there were a few martial artists back then who were in corraspondance by letters with takamatsu ONLY. Hatsumi sensei's uncle who hatsumi was currently training under was one of them, after takamatsu sent him a few techniques to try out by mail, hatsumi went to go meet takamatsu in person.
    Again, it would appear that you have been lied to. Takamtsu had an active teaching career spanning decades. It is true that he had largely retired from teaching by the time that Hatsumi began training with him though he would still train from time to time with his older students, including Akimoto. Hatsumi himself recounts training experiences that included both Takamatsu and Aikimoto in his <i>Togakure-ryu Ninpo Taijutsu</i>

Takamatsu Never gave any soke ships or titles to anyone else, he never had any other students,
    Simply untrue. Takamatsu taught widely in China and Japan, something included in the biographical sketches on him that Hatsumi has been writing since the 1960s.

the fact is, tanemura could NOT understand what hatsumi was teaching, so he took off.
    An issue of how best to handle who could and could not train and a perceived slight had considerably more to do with the distancing between these two relatives then any lack of understanding.

I have to tell you, given the amount of misinformation you've posted I find your claim of 15 years within the Bujinkan and a time of regular training at Hombu with Hatsumi very unlikely. Someone who had beena round that long simply wouldn't be this grossly misinformed. What is your current rank standing in Budo Taijutsu and who have you been training with?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 12:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ***Erm, what about the thousand or so students he had while in China?

Not to mention the three men mentioned above: Sato Kinbei, Yoshio Fukumoto and Masaji Kimura.***

none of those students ever even met takamatsu! that's a fact.
    dont know how to say it any other way.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 12:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright, yes takamtsu tuaght while he was in china, but the school name was Shinden fudo ryu i think...cant remember which style he taught while he was there....

however there are no other students of takamatsu who learned in china, teaching, and none of them became masters.

i train with Nagato Sensei and a good friend of mine who was one of Hatsumi's original students who's name is Kamioka.

anyone gonna be in japan soon? i will be there from 4 July to 25 July, last time i trained in japan was from 31 Jan 07 to 14 Feb 07....

sorry i did not write out takamatsu's complete biography on the forum...

but the plain and simple fact is no one else alive today who claims to have studied w/ takamatsu ever met him.

if you dont belive me ask Hatsumi sensei yourself if you need proof.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 12:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O yes, and i havent posted anything on this site that has not been said to me directly from Hatsumi or Nagato sensei.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 12:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    spooky

If you want to know about experiences...you've got to be a little more specific. that's a big topic.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast