Thread: Bullshido recon
1/05/2007 12:24am, #1
So I havenít been training for a semester and the judo club I want to join doesnít accept new members until the end of the month.
So Iíve thought about checking out temple kung fu, in an investigative sense.
Iím going to see how far I can go without paying anything.
Anyone have any specific information I should try to get.
1/05/2007 12:40am, #2
Originally Posted by Gabster the Bad Elf
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- Staten Island, NYC
- Losing Weight
fixed that for you, pervert.
1/05/2007 12:45am, #3
1) a copy of one of their standard contracts.
2) Their creation tale in nausating detail.
3) Their internal rank structure.
4) How they run testing, their price per belt test.
5) What it looks like they teach, stylistically.
6) What they use for their sales tactics.
7) Any and all paperwork. This is especialy useful for finding out their different membership plans.
8) Biographical information on their founder.
That should be a good start. Act dumb and let them run all of their sales pitches on you.
1/05/2007 12:47am, #4
Go to classics and Mega threads and review the investigation Bun Yip did on West Wind for inspiration.
1/05/2007 12:47am, #5Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
i work in sales, should be easy.
1/05/2007 12:51am, #6
9) General skill level of members in their classes.
10) Instructor skill level and experience.
1/05/2007 2:57am, #7
im sorry. im still quite retarted in the combative arts. the best i will be able to offer is a vage estimation.
1/05/2007 3:18am, #8
Ask them what they think about cross training in other arts.
1/05/2007 4:25am, #9
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
Ask them what their opinion of contact sparring is" The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus
" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace
"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba
"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101
"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp
1/05/2007 9:33am, #10
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
- West coast
- Mixed-Up Martial Arts
Ask if there style is "too deadly" for them to spar.