Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 10:56am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Oh it is there, give me some time. Like I said, nothing truly disappears.
    I was talking about getting the dan cert information from KKW. You need to have all the information to get it. As for old links, I believe there is a some sort of application that can retrieve old website pages.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 11:02am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    I believe there is a some sort of application that can retrieve old website pages.
    Yep, it is all right there I looked at it when I noticed your links had disappeared.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/30/2012 1:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yep, it is all right there I looked at it when I noticed your links had disappeared.
    Is there a way to screen capture it and place it here or somewhere else for future reference?
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    12/05/2012 11:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by capture View Post
    The US Kukkowon is a fraudulent organization. Richard Hackworth was the first American to graduate from the REAL Kukkiwon in Korea. NOT the one for Foreigners, but for real Martial Artists invited by the President of the Korean Kukkiwon IN Korea. Certificate number US 001 issued to Richard Hackworth.
    FYI....The cert that you are referring to is not what you think. He did not graduate from the "REAL Kukkiwon" He took a $40.00 course that is a one day training session and that is the cert that they issue. The picture they have of him in there is with a couple of his lackies and the KKW demo team. So again....get your facts straight. Was he invited by the president of Korea...right just like I and 80 other delegates from around the world were invited to be part of the international TKD committee to give their views on the new TKD park opening up by the president of Korea and the governor of Muju. The only difference is that the govenor of Muju actually knows me, in the sense that he knows I am with the USTC and I have met him personally on 3 occasions. I'm certain the same cannot be said about Hackworth. Hate to break this to you, but they rubber stamp the president's name on everything to make it bigger than it is. Trust me, the president of Korea does not know nor give a **** about Hackworth.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/05/2012 1:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    Is there a way to screen capture it and place it here or somewhere else for future reference?
    Yes I am going to do that now that the thread is back up.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 8:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ocoee, Florida / Richard Hackworth / American Dragon Martial Arts Academies

Is this capture guy who necroed the thread deluded or just a second rate shill for Hackworth?
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 8:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We may never know. However, I have my suspicion that it is a woman, not a guy. There is this girl named Sophie Song-Love who seems to be a huge nut hugger of Hackworth. Funny how the person popped on here spat out more half truths and then quickly disappeared. I guess they really did not have the facts as straight as they had hoped.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 2:54pm

Style: Lung Ying Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I found the thread while searching on this guy after seeing some of his obviously ego inflated claims on youtube and on his website (my personal fave is the one where it starts out by saying "Why is Hackworth the most respected martial artist in the US...?" and then follows with a demo that has nothing to do with him.) It is sad that people like him have successful schools while honorable teachers are struggling out there.
    Last edited by DimmedSum; 1/23/2013 2:56pm at . Reason: spelling/grammar

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2013 6:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh yes Richard Hackworth I'm familiar with this individual. He has been widely accused of giving out fake Hapkido certificates and I caught glimpse of him once at my first and final shootfighting belt test, which went sour in a hurry

Posted On:
    3/17/2014 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

so the final word on this is?

I came upon this thread as I was doing research on Dr. Richard Hackworth over the last couple of days. I been looking for a local traditional school and his marketing keeps popping up all over the net.

A little background:

I finally decided it was time to enroll my son (6) in a MA, and I want to participate as well. I grew up surrounded by partitioners of MA, mostly Japanese, but I was unable to take classes because my family's religious beliefs prohibited it.

It has always been in my bucket list to learn a MA, and take it to the grave, sort of speak. Now that I think my son is ready, I thought it would be an excellent idea for us to do it together. So my search took me to a few local schools. I immediately dismissed the few generic child-care centers around me, simply because it is not what I am looking for. I am interested in a traditional school to teach us a pure MA. I am not looking to fight or compete, I just what to study, learn, and grow.

My location pretty much left me with two choices,

Master Park's Tae Kwon Do World
    http://www.masterpark.net

&

Richard Hackwoth's American Dragon Tae Kwon Do Academy

http://www.americandragononline.com
    http://www.worldmartialartsmedia.com
    http://www.americandragononline.com/schools/
    http://taekwondoschools.wordpress.co...ard-hackworth/
    https://www.facebook.com/worldmartialartsmedia
    http://richard-hackworth.richardhack...com/index.html
    http://www.richardhackworth.com
    http://learnhapkidoinkorea.wordpress.com
    http://www.haemukwan.com
    (demonstrating his Hapkido skills?)
    http://worldmartialartsmagazine.com/...gazine-issues/ (he is a Hapkido Historian?)

what I have found:

Everything online that speaks positive of him, he owns, controls, or authored.

After watching this video I was ready to signup sight unseen. I mean I was like "he is the l33t boss, Woot Woot!" I want my son to learn from him. Then it hit me, you know, that thing in your brain that lights up when something is too good to be true? So I called one of his school locations and got an voicemail that just said if you are looking for martial arts, contact Richard Hackworth. So I just called him and when I asked about the school he pretty much gave me the same story that is listed in all of his online properties.

Then I ran onto this: Martial Arts Profits & Success Manual, by Richard Hackworth.
    I actually read the thing. He is brilliant. He owns everything, and if you follow his advice and pay for his services, you can have a successful martial arts business "without selling out" what ever that means. He will provide your Dan certs, your media coverage, radio show mentions, hall of fame inductions, etc. He will even provide his own youtube and Facebook comments! check out his youtube videos and Facebook posts, the comments are all generic, like the kind you paid for to generate traffic and ranking to youtube videos.

You Could be Richard Hackworth!

**** I could be Richard Hackworth! and I don't know ****! <== thats two shits in one sentence, beginning and end, my college education pays for itself!

So bringing it around, Every positive thing I found online about him, is authored by him.
    The only things that were not by him were things like this thread here, and a few complaints that I found through links on this thread and others where people complained that they paid hundreds of dollars for dan certs that turned out to be fake. I mean $900? for a black belt test cert?

I am staying away from his business. I just can't trust it. I will take my family to see Master Parks down the road, I have a friend that has been taking her kids there for a few years and they love it. That will buy me some time until I can find someone I can trust. Master Park was looking really promising, but then I read a post of him defending Hackworth online while they were discussing another local school "Master" and talking **** about him being a fraud. Looked like a soap opera to me.

Some one here said "if you are having a good time and learning there, stay" but I just have a hard time supporting someone that I just can't trust. besides that I have to entrust my child to this school. If I can't trust them, why should I feel comfortable entrusting my child?

Just my two cents.

My question to the community is: am I too late to the party? is it too late to have chance to find a legitimate school and learn a traditional MA from a traditional school? It looks like I will have to move away from here to do that. All the schools I find around here are registered as "Child care centers" with the government. Not a good sign I guess.

I just want to learn a MA with my family that we can all safely enjoy and participate. To start him on TKD until he was old enough to understand better, then move to judo, wrestling, BJJ, Hapkido, what ever we wanted.

The search continues...

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Big Al
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789