228412 Bullies, 4322 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 90
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,523

    Posted On:
    2/04/2008 2:20pm

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSlade
    Me: What style of TKD do you teach and who are you associated with?
    Him: I do moo du kwan and we are under the KTA or Koran tae kwon do association
    Ok...Strike one. The Moo Duk Kwan is either part of the TSD family and has no association to the KTA or it is part of the TKD family and is part of the KKW not the KTA...First and foremost you have to know that the KTA acts as a national governing body for KKW, similar to USTA does for America. They do not recognize kwans at all and they shouldn't be recognizing American TKD studios. American studios should be under USTU (now USTA).

    Me: how long have you been training and in what style and with who?
    Him: well I have been in TMA for 32 years and I have a 5th dan in TKD from the KTA and a 1st dan in hapkido from the KTA and a 2nd dan in Tang su do.
    It may be possible for him to have an old cert from the KTA since USTU was not really around acting as the NGB until around '81. However, his certs should have been recoginzed by the USTU once they took over and I would think after 32 years he would have tested for a 6th or 7th dan by now. Secondly, KTA has NOTHING to do with Hapkido. HKD would be under the KHF (Korean Hapkido Federation). All certs would have gone though them. However, if this guy was affiliated with Hackworth, then it may have gone under the NHA who, according to Hackworth, was the NGB for American Hapkido under the KHF.



    Me: how long have you been teaching martial arts and when did you get your 5th dan [my goal here is to get him to open up by bragging]
    Him: I used to have a full time school for TKD for 9 years but I didnít like the business side of it. I tested and got my 5th Dan in 1999.
    See above....He wouldn't have gone through the KTA. He would have gone through USTU or KKW (by traveling directly to Korea for that test)

    Me: and that 5th dan was from KTA
    Him: yes I was tested by master O [not joking he said master o so I assumed its an Asian name]
    I would need more information on Master Oh (which is a legitimate Korean name). However, his instructor would not have gone through the KTA...he would have gone through the USTU at the time.


    So, the guy knows that he has been screwed, yet still continues to boast KTA 5th dan. Sound like and idiot to me.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  2. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,523

    Posted On:
    2/04/2008 2:23pm

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Awesome job Slade.

    He said he was awarded a 5th Dan from the KTA in 1999, but the KTA has not issued any Black Belt Certs since the 1980's?

    Where did you get that info regarding the KTA cert.'s? If true you caught him in a bold faced lie....yikes.
    KTA has not issued any BB certs since 1981 at the latest, it is possible that they stopped feeding us BB certs in '74 when the AAU became the NGB for TKD in USA (love them acronyms).
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  3. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,523

    Posted On:
    2/04/2008 2:27pm

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzilla
    I just asked my instructor about KTA Dan certificates. He said the same thing, that KTA had not issued Dan certificates since April of 1980. Since that time all Dan certificates come from Kukkiwon. My instructor called Kukkiwon about Richard Hackworth and was told that he was a bad guy doing bad things and was never a Black Belt in Taekwondo. They know about his selling fake KTA Dan certificates and ask that anyone who has a KTA certificate from Richard Hackworth to please write the Korea Taekwondo Association directly at:

    Korea Taekwondo Association
    OLYMPIC PARK
    88-2, ORYUN-DONG, SONGPA-GU
    SEOUL, KOREA
    Tel:011-822-420-4271 3
    Fax: 011-822-420-4274
    Web: http://www.koreataekwondo.org/englis...ta/kta_03.html

    I guess since the KTA is a member of the WTF, the WTF is investigating Richard Hackworth, as the KTA has had people check and find out their certificates were fakes!

    PS. It event says on the KTA site that all issues involving Dan certificates be addressed to Kukkiwon! WOW!

    Good luck!

    Bigzilla
    They have been investigating him for a while but will not do anything about it. It has been swept under the bridge. Keep one think in mind. Kukkiwon (KKW) is the end all be all for TKD policies. KTA and USTA are underneath them. Any BB certs are done through NGB's and then sent to KKW for their records. WTF only governs the sport's rules and regulation aspect of TKD and nothing more.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  4. TheSlade is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    92

    Posted On:
    2/04/2008 3:55pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Physical Therapy 4 Ankle

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Miguk, I knew his reactions where shady but you cleared up as to why they are shady.
  5. Bigzilla is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    2/05/2008 3:27am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    They have been investigating him for a while but will not do anything about it. It has been swept under the bridge. Keep one think in mind. Kukkiwon (KKW) is the end all be all for TKD policies. KTA and USTA are underneath them. Any BB certs are done through NGB's and then sent to KKW for their records. WTF only governs the sport's rules and regulation aspect of TKD and nothing more.
    KTA and USAT are not under the Kukkiwon. They have to work with the Kukkiwon because the KTA and the USAT are Member National Associations (MNA's) of the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF), and, the WTF only recognizes Kukkiwon Dan certificates as being acceptable at IOC controlled events, since the WTF is the International Federation (IF) of the WTF. Complicated, but true.

    So, atheltes on the national teams of any of the 188 Member National Association of the WTF, who intend on competing in the Olympic Qualifier and Olympics, must hold a Kukkiwon Dan. This is why MNA's have the right to issue Kukkiwon Dan.

    Funny thing. USAT is walking a fine line by now issuing it's own USAT Dan. If a complaint is lodged against USAT by a Kukkiwon Dan holder, Kukkiwon can review it and decide for or against the USAT. In which case, the USAT could loose it's right to issue Kukkiwon Dan.

    Bigzilla
  6. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,523

    Posted On:
    2/05/2008 9:11am

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzilla
    KTA and USAT are not under the Kukkiwon. They have to work with the Kukkiwon because the KTA and the USAT are Member National Associations (MNA's) of the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF), and, the WTF only recognizes Kukkiwon Dan certificates as being acceptable at IOC controlled events, since the WTF is the International Federation (IF) of the WTF. Complicated, but true.

    So, atheltes on the national teams of any of the 188 Member National Association of the WTF, who intend on competing in the Olympic Qualifier and Olympics, must hold a Kukkiwon Dan. This is why MNA's have the right to issue Kukkiwon Dan.

    Funny thing. USAT is walking a fine line by now issuing it's own USAT Dan. If a complaint is lodged against USAT by a Kukkiwon Dan holder, Kukkiwon can review it and decide for or against the USAT. In which case, the USAT could loose it's right to issue Kukkiwon Dan.

    Bigzilla
    You're right BZ. Sorry for getting that mixed up. I have heard about USAT's little independent dan certs that they are trying to issue. To be honest I hope they get their asses handed to them for it.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  7. capture is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 12:18am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    -2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are so wrong. Why do people want to discount the credentials of a martial artist?' He is not anything what you are saying. Is it jealousy or just ignorance. Why are there no posts about his work that has spanned over 30 years?
  8. capture is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 12:22am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    -2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The US Kukkowon is a fraudulent organization. Richard Hackworth was the first American to graduate from the REAL Kukkiwon in Korea. NOT the one for Foreigners, but for real Martial Artists invited by the President of the Korean Kukkiwon IN Korea. Certificate number US 001 issued to Richard Hackworth.
  9. capture is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 12:23am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a video showing all his real certificates, including photos AND the Kukkiwon Certificate, but I can't post it yet.
  10. capture is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    11/30/2012 12:25am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check on YouTube and search Richard Hackworth to see the video showing his certifications from Korea, and all his accomplishments.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.