Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 12:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ocoee, Florida / Richard Hackworth / American Dragon Martial Arts Academies

I know this must have been a subject before, but I tried a search and there was no responce (web site not responding). Anybody have any info on a GM Hackworth? Lots of ties to Korean styles. Thanks for any input.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mooto.com (Korean site) in the Bulletin Board section has an open letter / charge against Mr. Hackworth. Also on Martialtalk.com / Hapkido section under "kwans" the investigation continues.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 9:22pm

Style: Haidong Gumdo / ص˵

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also search the back issues of the Dojang Digest...

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/17/2004 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Grandmaster" kicked out of KHF

Ok...as promised...finally. Here is the report on Grandmaster Hackworth. One of the biggest all time scam artists of

the martial arts out there.

As most of you know this has been a 6 month process that I have been going through in order to get the evidence and the expulsion of this guy from the Korean Hapkido Federation. To start I offer the following from his own organizational website National Hapkido Federation . You will notice that though he claims Grandmaster, he does not post anywhere, his rank in any styles. As well as his bio for his quaterly martial art magazine : Martial Arts Quaterly .

Though it is not been taken down, he was claiming the following ranks on the Korean Martial Arts Instructors Association website: 10th dan Hae Mu Kwan, 8th dan Korean Hapkido Federation, 8th dan Taekwondo, Jung Moo Kwan, 4th dan Korean Kumdo. Now though, I have only been involved in the whole scheme of things for only 6 months, this many has been defacing martial arts for several years untouched. It seems that many people were either too lazy or lacked the means of communications to bust this man. So how did I get involved? Easy, this man started talking smack about serveral people who I consider friends and mentors. Being a nobody that I am, I decided to just ask him some basic questions.

My first question was very simple. I asked him about hit TKD background. This was when I was informed, by him that he was a 8th dan in TKD. I simply contacted the Kukiwon to verify this information. They have never heard of him. I then contacted him, on the Budoseek.net BBS and told him that the KKW never even heard of him. He then returned with the reply he was not ranked by the KKW, but ranked in the Korean Taekwondo Association. (this conversation on the Budoseek as since been taken off by the moderator of the forum, who is a good friend of his...hmmmm...I wonder why?).

Ok, though I knew that was BS, I went ahead and contacted the KTA. For those who don't know the KTA acts as a NGB for Korean Taekwondo, similar to USTU for United States. They DO NOT allow foreigners into the KTA. They DO NOT give out
    their own dan ranks. All dan ranks are done by the KKW. You can contact the KTA at 02)420-4271~3 to verify this information. So I quickly rebutted this which he followed up saying that he was ranked in as a GM in the Jungdokwan of TKD. At this point I'm thinking this guy is biggest idiot of all. Ok...so now I get in contact with a friend in Korea who contacts his friend in Korea who contacts the head of the Jungdokwan. Here is where it gets interesting. Some how he conned a Korean friend in getting a Jungdokwan cert from GM Lee (head of the JDK), and then turned around and tried
    to get a KKW rank with it. KKW refused him and as soon as GM Lee heard what he had done he revoked the rank down to a 1st dan and threatened him.

Now it gets good. There was a GM Julian Lim of Malaysia who asked if I could look at the certs that he was issued by Hackworth. Fake Certs. You will have to go to the Gallery section and select Fake Certificates to see these certs. Copies of these certs were sent to me. The first thing I noticed is that they were signed by the same man who was president of the KTA. Problem was the name was not signed in writing but signed with hangul printing (In Korea, like America, you never print your name on official documents), to add to that the name was spelled differently on one of the certificates. The final blow was that the certificates were not numbered the same way. When you receive a KKW or even a KTA number you are assigned a specific ID number which follows you through out your MA life with them. When these certs were shown to the KTA they told us that they would make for very fancy toilet paper.

The final blow came when we started to send email after email to the KHF and the KTA pleading with them to correct this. The result was that the KHF sent out the following list:
    The List of KHF Non-Korean Masters in the world

This is the list of KHF masters over the 4th Dan level in the world. If you have any question, please contact Director Sung-Book Bae.

(Tel: 82-2-3437-3530, 82-11-258-7106 Email: yesb279@hotmail.com )

* notice *
    The masters listed below are from the data base
    from 1997 to 2003. The names before 1997 will be
    up-loaded soon.

THE 4TH DAN

PHIPILE TAI-PA PINERD (FRANCE)
    DIEGO FERNANDO RAMOS (COLOMBIA)
    UWE NOLTING (GERMANY)
    QUINTELIER PATRICK (BELGIUM)
    MICHAEL BYRD (U.S.A.)
    THOMAS HAUCH (GERMANY)
    RONDY RAE MCKEE (U.S.A.)
    JESUS CASTELLANOS PUEBLAS (SPAIN)
    REZA VALI NEJAD (IRAN)
    ROSE ANTONIO LAGIER (ARGENTINA)
    BRUCE HOWES (AUSTRALIA)
    MARK D HUME (U.S.A.)
    MICHAEL RHOADES (U.S.A.)
    ANTONIO MANUEL MARTINS FRAGA (PORTUGUESE)
    JONATHAN KLEINEMAN (U.S.A.)
    KONRAD SPILLMAN (U.S.A.)
    MOLLET REMI (FRANCE)
    WADE LANGIN (CANADA)
    PLORENTIN ANDRE (FRANCE)
    PHAM MINH PHUOC (VIETNAM)
    FABIAN DUQUE (COLOMBIA)
    COUET RAPHAEL (FRANCE)

THE 5TH DAN

CHRISTIAN MEIER (U.S.A.)
    FRANCISCO OSCAR TAJES (ARGENTINA)
    MIHEE HACKWORTH (U.S.A.)
    LIVIO BALOCCO NICOLAY (U.S.A.)
    RONALD C. GARLAND (U.S.A.)
    ANDREW SANDS (AUSTRALIA)
    JOHN GILL (AUSTRALIA)

THE 6TH DAN

HECTOR ALDERETE (ARGENTINA)
    RICHARD HACKWORTH (U.S.A.)
    SAMUEL G. PLUMB (G.B.)

THE 7TH DAN

SCOTT SHAW (AUSTRALIA)
    HOLCOMBE THOMAS (U.S.A.)
    HAROLD L. WHALEN (U.S.A.)
    JULIAN LIM (MALAYSIA)
    Note that his name is under the 6th dan not the 8th dan liked he claimed (you can find this at http://www.hapkidokorea.org under the Federation Info section Pg 3). This information casued a huge **** storm due to many Americans, who once defended this man, now finding out that their master certs were for ****. They paid this man a lot of money for nothing. To clarify all of this the KHF sent out another message on the same BBS:

The Mr. Richard Hackworth Case
    Writer : The KHF (yesb279@hotmail.com)

The Korea Hapkido Federation announces that the case related to Mr. Richard Hackworth of Haemu-Kwan in the US has been processed as the follows;

1. The KHF does not authorize any qualification officially to Mr. Richard Hackworth except the next two;
    o The KHF Certified 6th Dan Black Belt
    o The KHF Certified Master

2. The KHF recognizes "Hae Mu Kwan" as a certified Dojang continuously.

3. The KHF restricts Master Richard Hackworth's official activities only at his Dojang "Hae Mu Kwan".

4. The KHF does not recognize any certificate at any case including Dan certificates which are issued by Master Richard Hackworth privately or in the name of "Hae Mu Kwan".

Jan. 7. 2004.
    The Korea Hapkido Federation
    He resorted to saying that the KHF's Mst. Bae was a fraud and tried to place blame on another Korean master for not processing the dan certificates. During this time I was sent insulting email messages as well as received press from his "radio show" on the internet. As of yet he has never eturned my call when I have contacted him personally. I doubt I ever will. The final blow came over the weekend as I was pleased to see this announcement placed on the HKD BBS:
    As posted under the Federation Info section:

"According to the article 9 of the law of our organization, the person mentioned below is dismissed from all the KHF membership and rank.

Name ; Richard Hackworth
    Natl. ; USA
    Rank ; Master & Director of Orlando Branch(USA)
    Dojang; Hae Mu Kwan
    Date ; Feb. 16, 2004.

The Korea Hapkido Federation
    President Oh Se Lim"
    This is a small victory. Now I am attempting to get this fraud banned from TKDTimes and NAPMA magazine where he has articles published. This has been a long road but we are happy to know we were able to stop one big cowardly fraud. Now I can only hope that the people who he conned will seek legal actions against him.

I am not sure of what problems we would have with posting this report on the open forums. So you can decide where you would like to have it. I hope you enjoy it.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 10:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Follow up from when this was first posted. It seems the rat has jumped ship and is trying to hook up with a new Korean Hapkido Federation. He is already claiming to be a Director for them, however, my source of information will be having dinner with the president of that Federation today (well it already happened in Korea time). So far I have been told that they have not appointed anyone as a director in the states and that they are still investigating him for the position. I have also been informed, though it hasn't been confirmed, that he is under investigation by the FBI, again not confirmed.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 10:29am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool good work. I hate bullshit masters that con people who trust them.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hear hear!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Skeptic

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 11:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's next? Does he start his own federation and declare himself 10th Dan?

Good work, miguksaram!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 12:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by SlimJim
    What's next? Does he start his own federation and declare himself 10th Dan?

Good work, miguksaram!
    You are very close Slim. He started his own Kwan with and association (National Hapkido Association) where he is stated as being a 10th dan.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Skeptic

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 12:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG!!! And I was just basing that quip on the plethora of GMs that are/were advertising themselves throughout TKD Times.

Does Bullshido have a list of people/McDojos that have been punked or uncovered as charlatans? Maybe something that would provide a link to another page that lists all of their indiscretions and why they should not be entertained as MA instructors/schools.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast