Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Holy crap, I'm getting a hose clamp tonight after rolling and retrofit my ghay everlast grip into a manly one!!! :viking:
    I'm sad to inform the hose clamp didn't do **** to the everlast gripper. It remained ghay, so **** it. IM CoC, I'm getting one of them, puppies.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 10:06pm

Style: krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torec_Scrail
    Oh man..I hope those arnt like the Everlasts I used...those things were a joke, most people when they see the IM, either people laugh cause they think its just another gripper, or they are really intrested..because its all metal and think its heavy duty. I know only 2 people that were able to close the #1 w/o training, one of my bros, and a friend of mine (he lifts).

Some people once they get high enough on the grippers, they can start doing what you're doing with the #1 even the #2...a guy in BJJ said he knew a guy that could close the #3, when he got a hold of his gi, he couldnt break the grip.
    Now that you can close it the 2nd and 3rd way, you're just gonna start building endurance, I know they're a bit pricey..but, they are really good..I'd even go for the heavy grips if its price..they quality isn't as good..but, for liek 60-80 US you get 6 grippers.

I did the same kinda thing (I found an old gripper my bro gave to me when I was little [man, I used to think it was amazing he could close it]) But, it doesn't even compare, if you do have the cash, and are wanting to get a better grip, I'd go for them...
    My instructor had the number 1 laying around on a coffee table and I could close it >twenty times on the right, but my left wrist has been fucked up for several months and only got to, I think, ten.

I've always been real uneven anyway , too much stupid physical job, no real working out besides class. But apparently you can get a good grip by operating thirty-five to ninety pound jackhammers regularly for several years, if that's somehow more convient for you guys.

IM says after Twenty on a trainer you should go up a number.

I really should order a 1 and a 2, I'm too out of shape otherwise to chase people around. So it would be cool to have a "you're not going anywhere grip."

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 10:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok bullies, I just ordered one CoC #1 and one IMTUG #1 (I want to tune up my smaller fingers, they are my fucking weak link.) ****, can't wait to get my mail order!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 1:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Ok bullies, I just ordered one CoC #1 and one IMTUG #1 (I want to tune up my smaller fingers, they are my fucking weak link.) ****, can't wait to get my mail order!!!
    Bad new is......Your gonna have to arm-wrestle the mailman for it.:wbaba2

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 4:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And while I'm waiting for my CoC to arrive, I decided to build some manly 2" thickbar dumbbells out of 2"x6" metal nipples... he, I said nipples.

One way I made them was to wrap the regular handle with 1/2" insulation, then tape the **** out of it. Once it has a good thickness, you have to apply some lubrication at one end. If you try to slide the metal pipe without lubrication, it will drag the insulation at one end and **** up things. This is what it looks like (notice the insulation left over, that's what I used between the handle and the metal pipe.)

I don't want to do the same for all my dumbbells, though. I don't want to do use a thickbar when using lunges, so I left a pair unmodified. Before I came up with this concotion, I tried chaining the dumbbells to the metal pipes. It works, but it's a bit clunky.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2007 11:31pm

Style: krav maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Poole Brothers (the oldest of them is one of a short list who can close the IM #4) use 2" pipe on their weights. Seems you're on to something El Macho.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 12:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6" metal nipples........tape the **** out of it......apply some lubrication at one end......and **** up things.

This thread just keeps getting better everytime I look.

Posted On:
    2/07/2007 12:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigel
    The Poole Brothers (the oldest of them is one of a short list who can close the IM #4) use 2" pipe on their weights. Seems you're on to something El Macho.
    I sure hope so. :headbang: I wish I've learned about this **** when I was younger. Oh well.

With pool noodles, the girth of the handles was about 1 1/5" and that made things harder, but manageable. With the 2" pipes, ****, a 30lbs dumbell feels like a 60lbs one. I can't hit my biceps at all. The foreams and thumb give up way before my biceps feel a burn. Good ****.

I'm almost not going to the gym at all. I only go on weekends to help my g/f; other than that, most of my workouts are at home. A satisfying and more efficient change. I have an spare 2" pipe which I want to chain to something over 100lbs, just for static holds or something. That and my in-the-making 120lbs throwable sandbag... but that's another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman140
    6" metal nipples........tape the **** out of it......apply some lubrication at one end......and **** up things.

This thread just keeps getting better everytime I look.
    ****, dude, coffee just came out of my nose!!!! :evil6:

I'm still waiting for my CoC. I really wanna feel the powah in my hands... hmmm that didn't sound right either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=El Macho]
    ****, dude, coffee just came out of my nose!!!! :evil6:

Dude, I think that means you're full. Back off a little on the coffee consumption.:new_smile

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 4:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Te he, see what I just arrived to my desk :)

I'm quite happy with my #1 CoC, but not so with the IMTUG (which is also a #1). I overstimated the thoughness of the IMTUG #1 - I can do 40-something reps with my ring and little fingers and with the IMTUG placed against the palm of the hand. Compared that to the fact I cannot even do one rep with my the same fingers using my old everlast gripper (see my prev. post).

The IMTUG #1 works well for pinching. That is, I should have bought a IMTUG #3 in addition to a #1 (or a #1 and a #2).

The CoC #1, that's another thing. I'm fucking happy with it!!!! I cannot close it (I can come close to 1/2"), and I can only do 8 to 10 reps. The big difference is that, with a plain vanilla, pedestrian ***** gripper, one can do reps mindlessly.

With the CoC, you really have to concentrate and put your mind into each rep. I love it.

I'm going to order a #3 IMTUG, put a hose clamp on the IMTUG #1 (hopefully will make it more difficult), while keeping the everlast for doing negatives as discussed in my prev post.

In summary:

- IMTUG #1 is a bit pussified, get a #2 and/or #3 if you want to get them.

- The CoCs are the real ****, get them! :biblethum

- The ghay everlast gripprers can still serve a function, but they don't compare at all to the manly CoCs.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 2/09/2007 4:27pm at .

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast