Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of fractured fingers over the years. The most serious injury I had recently was last year doing some wrestling and tried to crank a guy over from a bad position. Tore a bunch of cartilidge and put me on the shelf for a good two months.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 3:15pm

Style: Ex-wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was playing field hockey when I was 15, I cleared the ball, my team mate swang for the same ball, completely missed it and his kevlar reinforced stick dug straight into my knee which had relaxed back. I think I'd blacked out due to the pain for a good 10 seconds. Doctor told me there was nothing wrong with it. I'm 21 now, went into surgery only last year (that's the british health system for you), they removed some fragments and now I have to work on re-aligning my knee-cap. There's plenty pain involved no matter what activity I do, so I've had to stop my Judo - surprisingly enough, I never felt any pain when I used to do wingchun, which goes to show how little they put us through. If things go well and it heals well, its Muay Thai time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first serious injury involved a big wrestler who came into our dojo for a free lesson and I guess to prove himself. We were doing an exercise were our partner had us in a front bear hug with double underhooks, my arms were free. We were told to try escaping using a "be nice" tactic of prying under the chin and pushing the head back. The guy applied the hold and lifted me off the ground. While gently trying to pry under his chin, he wedged is forearm bone between my ribs and I felt the muscle and tendons between them rip. The scream I yelled out got my sensei's attention, but didn't get this guy to let go. Knowing he was trying to hurt me for real, I had no problem placing both hands on top of his head and burying my thumbs into his eyes. I was prepared to push my thumbs all the way to the back of his skull at this point if necessary. This got his attention and he screamed, released his grip, went to cover his now f'd up eyes and took a half step back. I dropped back to my feet and taking a half step forward, drove my knee hard into his love machine.

My sensei said, "Ed that was great. Class what you saw here was as real as it gets. Ed, let's show everyone that again." Yeah it was real, too real to do it again and man do ribs take a long time to heal. Neither of us trained any more that night and I never saw the guy in our dojo again. KENPO RULES BABY!!!!!!!!

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 4:59pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman140
    The guy applied the hold and lifted me off the ground. While gently trying to pry under his chin, he wedged is forearm bone between my ribs and I felt the muscle and tendons between them rip. The scream I yelled out got my sensei's attention, but didn't get this guy to let go. Knowing he was trying to hurt me for real, I had no problem placing both hands on top of his head and burying my thumbs into his eyes. I was prepared to push my thumbs all the way to the back of his skull at this point if necessary. This got his attention and he screamed, released his grip, went to cover his now f'd up eyes and took a half step back. I dropped back to my feet and taking a half step forward, drove my knee hard into his love machine.
    What a fucking asshole.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 5:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The scream I yelled out got my sensei's attention,
    This got his attention and he screamed,
    There seems to be a lot of screaming in Ke?po... is this high-pitched girlish screaming, say like, if you saw a spider, or, was it like a modified kiai, like if you were going to reverse-punch a spider?

drove my knee hard into his love machine.
    I have no words. Ke?po is way more homo-erotic than I ever bargained for!

KENPO RULES BABY
    I suppose if you can't get into the cast of an off-braodway production of Cats, Ke?po seems to be your next best bet.
    Good job, little buddy.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 6:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft
    What a fucking asshole.
    Iceman140, the big bad wrestler, or the <coff> sensei?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 6:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iceman140, the big bad wrestler, or the <coff> sensei?

Was wondering the same.

Girlish screaming does seem to work well against spider and other such creatures. Ha-ha-ha-ha, oh **** my ribs, ha, ow, ha, ow. And that's no lie.

3 lies you will hear in a Kenpo dojo:
    1. I haven't trained in a long while.
    2. Relax, this won't hurt a bit.
    3. Ooooops, I'm sorry.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 6:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Girlish screaming does seem to work well against spider and other such creatures. Ha-ha-ha-ha, oh **** my ribs, ha, ow, ha, ow. And that's no lie.
    dude, step away from the industrial solvents...
    2. Relax, this won't hurt a bit.
    sooo... lube in the gym bag?

3. Ooooops, I'm sorry.
    Jizz in the eye?

wow... there are some other ke?po guys on here... they don't seem to train the same as you...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 6:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but the BJJ and Judo guys like a good rear mount too.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 6:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but the BJJ and Judo guys like a good rear mount too.
    wait... was that the "BJJ iz ghey" joke?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast