225138 Bullies, 3964 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    1/05/2007 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    It really sucks when your kneecap is sitting on the side of your leg and won't go back into place.
    we sent a guy home from class in an ambulance cause of that on wednesday. sucks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2007 2:18pm

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I've been rather lucky. Around 15 months ago I dislocated a shoulder. It went right back in place and didn't hurt too much, so I kept on sparring. It was killing me the next day, though. I've since dislocated my other shoulder as well and experienced my first hyperextended elbow a couple of weeks back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2007 2:41pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Torn ACL and 2 cartilage tears in my right knee. Retreating while sparring, threw a left leg roundhouse, but with all my momentum pushing my supporting foot into the ground (which happened to be angle in anyway), it didn't slide at at. Just stuck, and the next thing I know theres a pop audible from 20+ feet away, and I feel my knee flop around (hard to describe). I stand there for a second wondering what just happened, and the next thing I know I am in the most sickeningly awful pain I have ever felt in my life. I'm start sweating profusely, get very dizzy, and nearly vomit.

Of course, I got mis-diagnosed a year ago as having merely "soft tissue damage" and told to stay off it for 2 months and go right back to it. I've had 5 more bad sprains this year, and after demanding an MRI and a better orthopod, I found out the bad news. I'll be going into surgery January 17th...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2007 4:29pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Inguinal Hernia.

I'm not quite sure what it was from, but I'm not a weights fanatic, so that's defnitely out of the question.

I've been sidelined for a month before the surgery and a month and a half after the surgery. the doctor keeps asking me if I've lifted weights, and then asks me why I'm so thin. I'm about 170 at 5'6 right now.

I don't get it. My sixpack is now a 4 and a half pack, and I don't think I can do much right now. I was also told today that I can get back into training but SLOWLY.

oh well. I hope I don't rip anything open anytime soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 12:37am

Style: PT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    two slipped discs in my neck (or, c-spine as I now call it). Not really sure what caused it. Either a can opener or a shoulder toss (landing on head).

not as painful or wince-worthy as some of the injuries mentioned thus far, and I'm not certain it should be classified as 'major'; but its kept me off trainin for 1 month already - will keep me off for at least 1 more and I'll have to modify the way I train very consciously once I do return.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 1:34am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's already an injury thread.

But Carrera26 has won this thread with the sickening pop from his knee.

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 2:06am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yock
    My sophomore year in high school I was wrestling for third place in some tournament. Part way into the first period, my opponent shot in for a single leg, I countered with a wizzer and felt a pop in my chest. I told the ref to stop the match. A trip to the emergency room mis-diagnosed it as a strained trapezius and perscribed some muscle relaxents which I took maybe once. I saw an orthapedist the next day who told me that I had cracked a growth plate in my clavicle. I had to wear a sling for a few days and I was out of competition for five or six weeks. To this day the place where one of my collarbones connects to my sternum is lower than the other.

The funny thing is I cracked the growthplate on the opposite side of the leg that was shot on.

Wuss.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 2:18am

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sprained right ankle two Sundays ago during Randori... had to sit out tachi-waza for at least a forthnight (The Chinese bone setter said). Hope to be back on the mats by mid Jan'07. Currently only participating in newaza portion of the class.

GMW

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 4:34am

Style: Kajukenbo / Judo / IKEA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else feel that they are never 100% when training / sparring / etc due to some injury? There is always some nagging painful bit holding me back in some way. I haven't had a major injury yet, but I have bruised my ribs, knees and sprained my big toe. Piddling injuries compared to everyone else, but still annoying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 1:29pm

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    never been injured in any sport, ever.

only things that have ever hurt was when i took a slapshot to the liver and there was a puck indentation for a week.

and in wrestling my first match i got double, guy lifted me up in the air and slammed me. continued the match no problem but i couldn't walk right for a week.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast