Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 12:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With Bruce Lee dead and all sorts of idiots claiming to teach JKD, not allowing Dan Inosanto to complete his life's mission (he's doing African arts nowadays apparently.) whereto for JKD?

I've met people whose biggest claim to fame is they have met Inosanto. I've met one of the top five neuroscientists in the world (Australian, of course). Does me associating with him make me a neuroscientist? Of course not!

My advice to Inosanto is to find the worst offenders and kick the snot out of them.

A 6th dan black belt in bastardry.

"Damn you! You dirty fighter." My sparring partner, also disabled, recovering from being bitten.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 3:59pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JKD is going through a very, very low phase right now. There's still a vibrant, realistic community out there: Vunak's Progressive Fighting Systems, the StraightBlast Gym guys, Paulson, others.

It's just very hard to find.

"Actually, when practiced properly, such and such art causes oceans to rise and cities to fall and the great Pharoh's army to shudder beneath your might." -- Boyd
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has been said to death, but keep in mind that JKD is a philosophy, not a style. Your best bet would be to study MMA. Joe Lewis creates what he calls "Advanced JKD."

Joe Lewis Fighting Systems (JLFS)
    http://www.joelewiskarate.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 4:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with Big Bang about it being said to death. It has, but there are so many people who misunderstand it it has to be said over and over. No one can have JKD, it was Bruce Lee's personal philosophy and it's gone. Forever. Someone can have an interpretation of it, it may even be a effective fighting method, but it's impossible for it to be JKD. All these "JKD schools" really annoy me. If someone wants to get even close to as good as Bruce was the last thing they should do is become hooked on JKD. Making it their goal to be "good" in JKD rather than becoming an accomplished martial artist really shows their misinterpretation of the subject. Take a look at Lamar Davis II's website. Now thats some real bullshit! Bruce Lee energy bars? Give me a break....