Posted On:
    1/03/2007 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Tanto
    I like it I like it...

I was just thinking about those people that go into the water up to mid-thigh then just stand there for the next three hours....Are this the people that do kata and nothing else?

Hmm...got me thinking now...Does this make an octopus a grappler?

And what about sharks?

Sharks are the people who have a CCW Permit :XXbazooka

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 9:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    You fucking *****.

I was swimming off Oneroa Beach on Waiheke Island at the end of November. The water was lovely, for peculiarly Scottish values of the word. I can't believe it's taken you until January to man up and get in.

Actually, scratch the "man up". The two girls I was there with were both swimming too, and they were Kiwis, so you've no excuse.

P.S. If your reply contains lame excuses about "microclimates" I shall sTHE N-WORD at your expense.
    i guess you missed the bit where its been freezing fucking cold for the last month in NZ, november was warmer than it is now. and waiheke island is nice all the time anyway. ever taken the plunge into the cook strait in winter? I have so shut the **** up. THAT **** is cold.

and also you were that close to auckland and didnt even mention? you could have come and played slaphands with me. that makes me a sad sad panda

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 11:24pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    George Dillman is the fat guy on the beach wearing speedos that still thinks he looks good cause he is the deadly!

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 4:41am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    not all of us have that lovely irish intellect to swim in a ocean in november either(no offense).
    November's late spring in New Zealand. It's nice. I came home with a tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    i guess you missed the bit where its been freezing fucking cold for the last month in NZ, november was warmer than it is now. and waiheke island is nice all the time anyway. ever taken the plunge into the cook strait in winter? I have so shut the **** up. THAT **** is cold.
    I've been out of NZ for over a month, so I'll take your word for it and be gleeful at having missed the chilly spell. I've never been to NZ in winter, and I've yet to attempt the Cook Strait.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    and also you were that close to auckland and didnt even mention? you could have come and played slaphands with me. that makes me a sad sad panda
    I'd been off judo and BJJ for 2-3 months by then having fucked up my knee rolling. By the time I came to NZ I could run on it for short distances, but it still wasn't in any state to spar. I wasn't really thinking along lines of an impromptu throwdown at that point.

Got some of a paragliding course in Queenstown done, and also went black water rafting and sea kayaking and sailing round the Bay of Islands in the crow's nest of a schooner, so it was a pretty good holiday regardless.

And now the knee's better and I'm back training, which makes the Scottish winter just about endurable.

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 6:13am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how many drunks die each year from falling in the irish sea during winter?
    Well, we had a specific rule that no one was allowed in the water after consuming alcohol. If you're talking about it as a hangover cure, maybe you should remember that the hangover generally comes when you're not that drunk any more.

Infidel

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 6:43am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome post Alex. Think you're bang on the money with it.

And **** sharks
    Last edited by vigilus; 1/04/2007 6:48am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 10:13am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah........fuk sharks jus learned that those demon possessed psychos have radar that can detect even when the prey is buried under sand. added with the other traits thats

one heck of a perfect killer.

anywho......what would a Snorkeler be? or the pot-bellied guy who jus floats around on the inner tube sippin on budweiser

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 12:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have forgotten the obvious---plenty of barefooted people!
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 12:42pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Moose
    Well, we had a specific rule that no one was allowed in the water after consuming alcohol. If you're talking about it as a hangover cure, maybe you should remember that the hangover generally comes when you're not that drunk any more.
    but how many drunks follow the ruile of no one is allowed in the water after consuming alcohol. yes i know when you get the hangover =p.

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 12:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but how many drunks follow the ruile of no one is allowed in the water after consuming alcohol. yes i know when you get the hangover =p.
    Well we were all pretty hammered, and none of us went in the water. Ended up playing strip poker with some chick we met who heard us partying. Then when we woke up incredibly hungover the next morning, we went and swam in the sea for an hour or so. Felt absolutely fantastic after that. Every time i'm hungover now i really wish I was near the sea.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast