1/03/2007 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo vs. Subway Train: Judo Wins.

Rescuer pins fallen teenager, as subway passes over them

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/03/sub....ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Wesley Autrey faced a harrowing choice, as he tried to rescue a teenager who had fallen off a platform onto a subway track in front of an approaching train: Struggle to hoist him back up to the platform in time, or take a chance on finding safety under the train.

At first, he tried to pull the young man up, but he was afraid he wouldn't make it in time and they would both be killed.

"So I just chose to dive on top of him and pin him down," he said. (Watch how shallow the rut is Video)

Autrey and the teen landed in the drainage trough between the rails Tuesday as a southbound No. 1 train entered the 137th Street/City College station.

The train's operator saw them on the tracks and applied the emergency brakes.

Two cars passed over the men -- with about 2 inches to spare, Autrey said. The troughs are typically about 12 inches deep but can be as shallow as 8 or as deep as 24, New York City Transit officials said.

Relatives identified the teen as Cameron Hollopeter, 19, of Littleton, Massachusetts, a student at the New York Film Academy.

Hollopeter's stepmother, Rachel Hollopeter, said Autrey was "an angel."

"He was so heroic," she said early Wednesday in a telephone interview. "If he wasn't there, this would be a whole different call."

Authorities said Hollopeter had suffered a medical problem, but was in stable condition at a hospital.

Autrey, 50, of Manhattan, declined medical attention.

Autrey had been waiting for a train with his two young daughters. After the train stopped, he heard bystanders scream and yelled out: "We're OK down here but I've got two daughters up there. Let them know their father's OK," The New York Times reported.

While spectators cheered Autrey, hugged him and hailed him as a hero, he didn't see it that way.

"I don't feel like I did something spectacular; I just saw someone who needed help," he told the Times. "I did what I felt was right."

Cliffs: A jewish kid has a seizure, falls onto train tracks, a knee grow man jumps down and ippon's him into a drainage ditch and covers him until the ref stops the match/train and claims the victory over the seizuring jewish kid.

Judo wins! I remember this article from a while back posted about this Chinese kid who tried to prove his kung fu by stopping a train and summarily got exploded by a 190,000ton train or something like that. In this scenario, Judo wins and the harmony of the World's Chaos comes together again. My faith in humanity has been restored a little bit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 1:51pm

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No way man, it was blatantly a wrestling technique that saved that kid:tongue1:

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 4:56pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool story. And yeah, faith in mankind + 50 for once...

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 5:12pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is sposed to be in the martial arts in the news section.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 5:29pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with the trains her in NY is that usually the platform clearance as shown in the picture you uploaded is usually closed off. Either by fence or some other obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 5:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The train must have studied hapkido.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    this is sposed to be in the martial arts in the news section.
    Not real enough Martial Arts to make it into the news section.

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 11:06pm

Style: mat work

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo wins! I remember this article from a while back posted about this Chinese kid who tried to prove his kung fu by stopping a train and summarily got exploded by a 190,000ton train or something like that. In this scenario, Judo wins and the harmony of the World's Chaos comes together again. My faith in humanity has been restored a little bit.
    why I do believe that I truly LOLed.