Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 10:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FK is right. I like to get in that position and encourage people to roll me over, and then I go for this nasty neck-and-shoulder crank...don't know what it's called...

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 11:01pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm. That sucks. I'm doing judo. Which I fucking love but I wish I could find a school that did more illegal moves.

I'm gonna fight, fight, fight, fight, fight and destruct the world.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 12:11am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go for the kick in the ribs first to soften them up.

Once that's done, FK is correct. But so again is The Wastrel, and everyone else.

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 12:35am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I like to get in that position and encourage people to roll me over, and then I go for this nasty neck-and-shoulder crank...don't know what it's called..."

that's kata gatame, chokes him out with his own shoulder, the arm of which is flung overhead and immobiized. tough lock to escape cause of the flanking/half back position. that it? or no?

"Then jump to your feet, while keeping pressure on the back. Stomp the **** out of the back of their head. I like to do this one, but I just tap the back of the head to demonstrate the impending doom"

monkey style silat. very nasty. that's full contact. lol.

"The thing is that he's got about 100 pounds on me, and he's quite a bit stronger than me, added to the fact that he is particularly good at those wing locks."

he is to big, use your legs instead, or use a gi choke and hang off the side of his back like a leech. try wrapping your legs around one arm( grapevines?) and stretch him out( while choking).

do not go over the top of his center of gravity.

if must use your arms, and go on top, use the tech. that Wastrel mentioned. if it's the one i think it is...

dont 'square' up on the big guys in grappling. stay in the 'pockets' on the flanks, and use your feet and legs to attack along with your hands. it is better if you concentrate on one joint, like the ankle, or one limb, like the arm. you gotta be like a fucking barnacle. get behind and put your knees in his back on the spine between the shoulder blades, and throttle him.

peace.

<marquee>REDANTKUNTAO</marquee>
    <marquee> INDONESIAN GUNG FU</marquee>

Edited by - kuntaokid on August 03 2003 00:38:08

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 12:42am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How would you get someone in kata gatame after taking their back?

I'm thinking that coming at him from the front would work well. Getting an arm under his right arm and one arm under his face, and dropping my body weight and rolling him under. It's basically the same thing as one wing lock you can do from the bottom position, but you do it from the top.

I'm gonna fight, fight, fight, fight, fight and destruct the world.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 1:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "How would you get someone in kata gatame after taking their back?"

its a noose,.... a constriction. go under one arm and over the neck. this works best when they try to roll, they lose certain leverage points. the arm, specifically the elbow, needs to be above the ear. squeeze the guy.

front,back,left,right....what's the difference?

peace.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 1:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when you are taking the back it is also very useful to roll the guy on to a side before attempting the choke...same postion for you but he loses the option of rolling you over head, even better is to roll on your back and "show him the lights"

I vote for Willy as current Fetish King!-dribble

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 1:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree.

willy has done this before.

peace.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 1:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ran into something like this with a wrestler once. He just kind of turled up and I couldn't open him. The thing is, like Antony and Fisting pointed out, that's only a problem if it's grappling only. I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you got that position in an actualy fight, there's all kinds of places to give a beating to.

...the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders...tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 1:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I nearly always go for arm locks if somebody is trying to take my back whilst I'm in the turtle. 90% of the time I at least manage to get them off of my back by doing this.

What you can do is instead of working for a choke, work both arms around their gut (normally quite easy to do) then gut wrench them onto their back (so you are underneath them). Then you can get your hooks in and go for the choke without the danger of the armlock.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12