Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 8:30pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found recently that taking someone's back when they're on all fours isn't that great of a position to be in when they're good at wing locks. What are good ways to get around these? Whenever I attempt a choke I tend to get rolled over and then dominated. I can try to sweep out an arm, but against someone who is stronger than me, they can generally grab a better hold of my arm and then roll me. I've heard people say that it's no longer considered to be as bad of a position as it used to be. Is this the general consensus?

I'm gonna fight, fight, fight, fight, fight and destruct the world.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 8:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its bad.

First off if you try and slip the arm over the shoulder to choke you WILL get rolled, always slip one under the arm pit first to control position while you work in the hooks. Also this underarm control quickly turns into a half nelson/wing lock if you want it. Second of all, get your hooks in. If you are hooked in, it gets really hard to shake you.

There are tons of ways to submit once you;ve taken the back and lots of ways to strike very very hard. If you take the back and hook in, yet still lose, then you suck. keep practicing.

---------
    I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.
    In short: to flame.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should always get at least one hook in BEFORE you go for the choke.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 8:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hooking an arm under the armpit doesn't mean I'm going for the choke immediately, and it often gets in much much faster than hooks. Besides the human body can do multiple things at once.

---------
    I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True.

This was a response to mikus, who was complaining that he's getting rolled when going for the choke.

The thing is, when you're going for the choke, you should allready have hooks in, and thus rolling should not be a problem.

When you take someone's back, you should not be in a hurry to submit him. Slow things down, secure your position, and choke him out.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    agreed.

also a favorite thing to play with. this is a NO CONTACT move unless you are a seriously cruel bastard.

Take the back, stretch them out, pull their arms in tight under their chest. Aply strong pressure on the back to keep the arms pinned. Then jump to your feet, while keeping pressure on the back. Stomp the **** out of the back of their head. I like to do this one, but I just tap the back of the head to demonstrate the impending doom.

---------

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll play with that the next time I roll.

Unfortunately it won't be for a while. I screwed up my shoulder kayaking, and it healing veeeeeery veeeeeeeeeery slooooooowly.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ouch shoulder injuries are a BITCH. I hope there's no rotator cuff damage. Have you been to the doc?

---------

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. There was a minor dislocation - my shoulder popped out and immediately back in. No permanent damage according to the doc, but I pulled a few ligaments and have to wait for the inflamation to go away.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 10:02pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, do you recommend just full on jumping it and getting hooks immediately? My main problem (I just started doing judo) is that I'm way too tentative. Next time I'm rolling I'll just go for that. The thing is that he's got about 100 pounds on me, and he's quite a bit stronger than me, added to the fact that he is particularly good at those wing locks.

Er, it's hard to demonstrate what I'm talking about without pics. I'll try to find some so you can see what I'm talking about.

I'm gonna fight, fight, fight, fight, fight and destruct the world.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast