Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex Gong was an awesome fighter..no doubt about it.

Still...like everything else, Muay Thai doesn't make you indestructible (although it's conditioning makes you damn tough anyway).

Too bad Alex didn't remember that.

"You can't cast aspersions on someone because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape, and I'll be damned if I'll let you say something bad about him." - Jerry Seinfeld
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 7:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NEWS UPDATE

Police find getaway vehicle involved in SF shooting

Bay City News

Saturday, August 2, 2003

MILLBRAE -- A Millbrae police officer has located a car that police now think was the vehicle involved in Friday afternoon's deadly San Francisco shooting.

The officer came across an abandoned green Jeep Cherokee at the Chevron Station at 400 Skyline Blvd. around 11:58 p.m. Friday, Millbrae police reported. San Francisco police Sgt. Neville Gittens said that at about 4:30 p.m. Friday, an unidentified white male was driving that Jeep on Fifth Street between Harrison and Folsom streets when the Jeep reportedly collided with another parked Jeep Cherokee, which belonged to 30-year-old Alex Gong of San Francisco outside a kickboxing and martial arts gym that Gong owned. Police reported Friday that Gong saw the collision and chased the Jeep to the intersection with Harrison Street. Gittens said the information police have so far is that Gong got into an argument with the driver and punched out the driver's window, and the driver shot Gong and drove away from the scene.

Based of accounts from witnesses at the scene, Gittens said, police were looking for a green Jeep Cherokee with the license plate 3NAN185, which a records search determined belonged to a 33-year-old San Francisco man, Kurt Reiner. Police quickly determined, Gittens said, that they were looking for the wrong man. He said somebody had actually stolen Reiner's license plate off Reiner's car, which is not a green Jeep, sometime in July. He said that after Millbrae police found the abandoned green Jeep at the gas station, investigators were able to determine that the Jeep used in the shooting had been stolen in Pacifica in July from another uninvolved motorist and the plate stolen from Reiner's car had been put on the stolen Jeep.

Gittens said he does not know if the fact that the shooter was driving a stolen car when Gong stopped him was what caused the man to shoot Gong. He said San Francisco detectives now have the car in their custody and are processing the car.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/08/02/car02.DTL

Edited by - kungfoolss on August 02 2003 21:15:42
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 7:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully they catch the bastard who did this soon.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gittens said the information police have so far is that Gong got into an argument with the driver and punched out the driver's window, and the driver shot Gong and drove away from the scene.
    It appears, Alex gave the guy little choice but to retaliate out of fear. A lesson to be learned here people.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy ****.

wow. what was he thinking? also WOW great power, especially with pillows on his hands.

---------
    I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.
    In short: to flame.

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    change the title and put this on the front page. alex was one of the greatest american kickboxers. how can you name it like that? don't you know who alex gong is? you call yourself a martial artist Kungfoolss??? and waht is that lesson huh? do scars?

of course u'd be angry if you were alex. a guy crashes your car and flees w/o stopping! the only reason alex knew his car was hit was cuz someone else saw it.

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible
    -----------------
    Aromatic Mornings, by BBN

Every morning I dream of Benzenes...
    Those wonderful
    planar
    conjugated
    1-3-5-cyclohexatrienes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:52pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldve shot the guy too if he punched the window out.

Being a concealed weapons permit holder. I can tell you that someone busting your car window is not grounds to shoot them. If you would have done the same then you'd be in jail and probably facing a civil lawsuit also. You would have to show a grand jury that you made every attempt to avoid a confrontation, and that you had no other recourse but to fire your weapon. Now all this aside. Lets not forget that the driver is a criminal. He was driving a stolen vehicle afterall. Thats why Alex got shot. Because Alex was trying to get the driver to stick around until police arrived. If the reports are true, and Alex did punch the car window. Its still no excuse for this guy to shoot him. Lets look at it this way. Lets say it was you. Your car is parked and you see another car hit it and keep driving. You chase after the car to get a tag number (which most of us would naturally do). Then you see the car stopped at a light. You approach the driver, to get insurance information (a fairly common thing with accidents). The driver instead rolls up his window, and ignores you. Would you get angry? Might you do something to the individuals vehicle? If you say no to both of these, then your a lier. Now we can Monday morning quartback this forever, but it still doesn't change the fact that a good man is dead, and the individual that did this must be prosecuted to the full extent of the law (Which will be hard in a city like San Fransico).

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 10:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    change the title and put this on the front page.
    I have no power here at Bullshido to put this on the front page, that's up to Phrost or the administrators to decide. As for the title, I believe it's aptly titled, but Phrost may change it to suit his tastes as he sees fit. It's ultimately up to him.

alex was one of the greatest american kickboxers. how can you name it like that? don't you know who alex gong is?
    I've seen him before in the Black Belt magazine and even did a small analysis on him, had I known this would have occurred, I may have titled it, 'Dead muaythaiman Walking'

you call yourself a martial artist Kungfoolss???
    Actually, no. I tend not to think of myself in such asinine terms, I'm a professional.

and waht is that lesson huh? do scars?
    Hardly, the lesson is that martial artists aren't crime fighters, they should leave that sort of thing to law enforcement.

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you could'vde spared this man dignity by referring to this man as "alex gong" rather than "muay thai champ" u make it sound so generic

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible
    -----------------
    RIP Alex Gong...

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 10:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    or call the title "alex gong shot" or 'alex gong murdered" thats how its called in other forums. ur title makes it sound like some "champ" made "some mistake"

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible
    -----------------
    RIP Alex Gong...
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast