Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 5:17pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Japan mebbe?

If western wrestling and boxing seem more effective to many Americans and Europeans, perhaps it's because that's the home of the styles, and thus the best understanding/instruction. I think you should always take training away from the source with a grain of salt.

How different is pre-sport pugilism from Chinese and Japanese forms of empty handed fighting?

"Applied training like MT does can't be replaced with Kata"

Of course not, they aren't intended to. If they are being used that way it's just plain bad instruction. Think of randori (pre-Golden Lawyer Age style if you catch my meaning), or in a historical context the not uncommon dueling of the time.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 10:10pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like boxing more because you handle getting hit in the face and hitting to the face, and blocking and parrying headshots. But Boxing isn't complete.

I personally felt like I was being cheated never handling headshots. I'm sure plenty of other guys did too.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123