Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 4:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ?

i come from a style that doesn't directly "block" the HARD knuckles, as you wish

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

"I ate a cow once and she fell in love with me." Posted by WTDude August 01 2003.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 2:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't practiced Wado-Ryu Karate.In Germany the Shotokan Karate style is the most popular Karate style and it's also one of the most popular martial arts styles.I had an orange belt in Shotokan which okay means nothing.I wasn't convinced that Shotokan was a good style so after 3 years i gave it up.Later i practiced Weng Chun Kung Fu.Today i have a blue belt in Weng Chun and i can beat up Shotokan black belts.So would you really say the Shotokan style is effective???
    No strategy no good techniques no ..no ...no . Yeah i have to admit i critisize the martial art of Karate very much.But i think i have good reasons. I'm 5'11" 155lbs that's nearly nothing fot a martial artist. But i have no problem fighting Shotokan black belts being around 6'3" 250 lbs. I have done i very often because many Karate black belts came to the Kung Fu school where i practice. Shotokan is one of the worst martial arts styles.And yeah i say Shotokan is really that bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 2:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe your instructor wasn't very good.

Everyone can agree that a good instructor can make a shitty martial art a good one, right?

Trying a style and deciding it all must be **** is like getting robbed by a black guy so you hate a black people. That isn't very wise is it?
    Maybe you just had a bad experience.

You are also a blue belt in Wing Chun that has 3 years of training in Shotokan. So really, you are a blue belt+ with more training than a black belt in Shotokan possibly. Of course you can beat them, based on years training you're a higher rank than they are! Don't pat yourself on the back too much. When you meet a shotokan guy who has trained as many years as you have he may just wax the floor with you!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 4:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay Goojeanleans it was a bit too hard from me. I personally don't like the martial art of Karate. But as i already admitted i only practiced the Shotokan style so i can only say that i think Shotokan is bad.

That's where you are right.But i think we were both wrong.I have fought against Shotokan black belts who had more than 15 years training and for me it wasn't very difficult to beat them.I have fought Shotokan black belts who had a lot more martial arts training than me.

There is also another fact to consider i only fought Shotokan black belts i never fought Wado-Ryu,Kyokushin,Seidokaikan or Ukidokan black belts.Perhaps these Karate styles are a lot better than the Shotokan style.

I don't think a good instructor can make a shitty martial art a good one.Do you really believe that ???

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 5:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No belt can determine skill level, especially in this day and age. You have to find a black belt that earned it the hard way--Getting the **** beat out of him and learning from it.

At least, that's what I gather from how karateka's train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 5:43am

Style: insane

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah KARATE is ****, just ask the MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of people who practice it (obviously they are all just stupid).

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 9:50am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trying a style and deciding it all must be **** is like getting robbed by a black guy so you hate a black people.
    One time I saw Malibu's Most Wanted and decided I hated all white people.

Our horse is too dead, our jockey's too big, our trainer's too old, and I'm too dumb to know the difference!
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 2:57pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why exactly is karate ****?

peace.

<marquee>REDANTKUNTAO</marquee>
    <marquee> INDONESIAN GUNG FU</marquee>

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 4:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wado-ryu is not too bad a karate style to learn. As long as you have a decent instructor who will also show you the jujitsu techniques found in the system. (Its a hybrid art of karate and jujitsu for those who arnt aware). The main problem with most karate being taught these these days are mainly due to bad instructors or instructors who dont give a crap and are just after your money. If you go to Japan the instructors over there dont fool around and are quite serious about the training. Be prepared for going into a military style boot camp. They will work you hard like MT instructors do.

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
    Anton LaVey made me say it!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 4:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *sighs*

a lot of the flowery new-age places are so damned against violence they don't spar at all. So, they have Karate dancers.

I've also come across artists who say the combat effectiveness dosen't matter, that philosophy bla bla bla "mind body spirit" **** matters more.

Thats the crowd thats ruined the arts.

And where can I get some bareknuckle, full body karate experience? gimme KK with rules more like MT, and headshots. I'm game!

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast