Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 9:03pm

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It should be noted that healthcare in, say, Spokane, WA is not the same as in Appleton, WI.

Hell, different clinics/hospitals/etc within any given city are going to provide different cost and quality healthcare.

Which is kinda mind boggling if you think on it too long.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 9:21pm

Style: TKD, Boxing & SW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It depends on where the money is. Its really mindboggling because in spokane depending on where you live you can either get really awesome care or really shitty care. It all depends of where the money is.

poser

Posted On:
    7/05/2007 9:25pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TEA, good luck with figuring out how to get that thing out of your brain.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 8:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I predict that you still suck at BJJ. The better you get the more it becomes a replacement for the rush of full contact striking. At first I thought it would never be enough for me but every time I have a real tough but even match I don't even think about wishing I could just kick them in the face anymore. I'm to the point that just occasionally striking at throwdowns and hitting the bag is plenty for me. Concentrate on your BJJ and let your competitive spirit flow into that.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    7/06/2007 9:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    I predict that you still suck at BJJ.
    You predict rightly, oh sage one.

The better you get the more it becomes a replacement for the rush of full contact striking. At first I thought it would never be enough for me but every time I have a real tough but even match I don't even think about wishing I could just kick them in the face anymore. I'm to the point that just occasionally striking at throwdowns and hitting the bag is plenty for me. Concentrate on your BJJ and let your competitive spirit flow into that.
    Will do for now. However, I still want to get this ticking time bomb out of my head for all of the other reasons stated.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 5:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good News!

I just got back from a very short visit with a neurosurgeon regarding the subarachnoid cyst in my brain. Bottom line, he said that the whole risk of subarachnoid cysts is blown way out of proportion. He said its basically a section of my brain that was denied blood in utero and died and that if anything it provides a bit of cushioning in that area.

He has diagnosed a lot of them in Division One football players and has absolutely no concern with them smacking heads. He diagnosis about 20 a year but only operates on about one a year, and then only if its growing and fluid pressure is causing complications. In a relatively large percentage of those cases the cyst ends up growing back.

So, I don't need surgery and even if I did it wouldn't be guaranteed to solve anything. He said he'd call my PCP and let him know that I'm about as normal anyone else. I added, "or at least as normal as anyone who goes to a neurosurgeon to inquire about getting brain surgery so that they can go back to getting punched and kicked in the head."

Now I can at least start participating in our MMA classes and start deciding whether or not I'm too old and fat to compete any more. I hope not, because I'd like to fight in at least one amateur MMA bout in my life. Like the late Beverly Sills once said, in old age I'd rather regret some of the things I did than the things I didn't do.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567