223828 Bullies, 3942 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 374
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. RunningDog is offline
    RunningDog's Avatar

    nail conditioning

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,301

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 7:46pm


     Style: Rehab

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "I'm a fucking geek" the Zebra
    I was sooo tempted to mark in huge and colourful letters the words No. 20-25 in your quoted posting, just for the fun of it, but I decided not to. It wouldn't be nice. And I'm still nice, even after weeks here.
    Tonuzaba
    You really are a geek. Not content to keep your geeky chun-ness to yourself, you are infecting others. I actually just counted through the words in my post, and miraculously lost 10kg, receded a little and sprouted glasses, and aquired an interest in javascript. Please stop posting.
  2. RunningDog is offline
    RunningDog's Avatar

    nail conditioning

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,301

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 7:55pm


     Style: Rehab

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    What type of plant has so much protein it can replace meat?
    Nearly all food contains protein. Potatoes contain protein. I'm not veggie, but the 'You need protein so you must eat meat' argument is just uneducated and dumb. You don't need meat at all, even elite athletes do just fine without.

    The best argument against ME being a vegetarian is that I like meat, and I don't care that much if an animal has to die for my pleasure.
  3. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 7:59pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever vegetarians say they're still missing out.

    カンフー
  4. DAYoung is offline
    DAYoung's Avatar

    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 8:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    The best argument against ME being a vegetarian is that I like meat, and I don't care that much if an animal has to die for my pleasure.
    Exactly.

    I eat fish because I care less about them than I do about my health. But before I was injured, I didn't need them. Not I do. AND I LOVE IT.

    And I don't care much about bees, either. They're lovely, but I don't see them as being put out by honey-production all that much. Of course, they do have environmental impacts...
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

  5. DAYoung is offline
    DAYoung's Avatar

    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 8:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    Whatever vegetarians say they're still missing out.

    Groan.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

  6. RunningDog is offline
    RunningDog's Avatar

    nail conditioning

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,301

    Posted On:
    12/30/2006 8:07pm


     Style: Rehab

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    The way I look at the moral thing is that the animal is already dead you didnt kill it (unless your a deer hunter) and eating it only ensures the animal doesnt go to waste.
    You paid to have it killed, dumbass.
  7. Godhand is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    64

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 12:42am


     Style: Wrestling, BJJ, Kickboxin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im not going to go into any depth on this, because so many have already expressed that they dont want to hear it, but in response to this:

    "The best argument against ME being a vegetarian is that I like meat, and I don't care that much if an animal has to die for my pleasure."

    It doesnt really hold up as a moral argument, because there is nothing that prevents that same reasoning being applied to any other form of descrimination, e.g. racism and slavery.

    for example:

    "The best argument against me being pro-racial equality is that society would fall apart without slaves to work the feilds. It is an unfortunate social nessecity that we enslave black people" - This is an excuse that was used ALOT in relation to slavery in America.

    No argument (to my mind at least) can justify what is essentially needless suffering produced by the meat industry.

    Intelligence cannot be used as a form of descrimination, as Im pretty sure the majority of you would find it wrong to consider eating retards or babies - or any human, under almost any circumstances.

    To quote Jeremy Bentham: "The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?"

    It shouldnt be a matter of justifying why a person is vegetarian/vegan, but everyone else justifying the needless suffering of animals.

    **Edit**

    That wasnt supposed to sound so preachy, but people were asking, and this was the most direct response I could give.
    Last edited by Godhand; 12/31/2006 12:52am at .
  8. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 1:45am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry Godhand. They don't understand that as a transdemensional demon from the netherworld you feed on human souls instead.
    http://www.satyrnet.it/berserk/13.bmp
    カンフー
  9. RunningDog is offline
    RunningDog's Avatar

    nail conditioning

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,301

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 1:54am


     Style: Rehab

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhand
    Im not going to go into any depth on this, because so many have already expressed that they dont want to hear it, but in response to this:

    "The best argument against ME being a vegetarian is that I like meat, and I don't care that much if an animal has to die for my pleasure."

    It doesnt really hold up as a moral argument, because there is nothing that prevents that same reasoning being applied to any other form of descrimination, e.g. racism and slavery.
    It isn't a moral argument. It's an argument against anyone who's trying to persuade me to be a vegetarian. You can't win it, because whatever you say, I still think it's fine to kill animals for food.
    The rest of your arguments are pointless, because I just don't think killing animals is the same as killing people, and you cannot convince me otherwise.
    Last edited by RunningDog; 12/31/2006 2:06am at .
  10. DAYoung is offline
    DAYoung's Avatar

    Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    6,269

    Posted On:
    12/31/2006 2:00am

    supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're fundamentally right (about what it takes to be persuaded).

    I would add, though, that I don't see any moral problem in killing animals either - even though I was a vegan.

    My problem wasn't with meat (which I like), or death (which I'm willing to cause), but unnecessary suffering on an large scale.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.