Sponsored Links Spacer Image

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 7:46pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "I'm a fucking geek" the Zebra
    I was sooo tempted to mark in huge and colourful letters the words No. 20-25 in your quoted posting, just for the fun of it, but I decided not to. It wouldn't be nice. And I'm still nice, even after weeks here.
    Tonuzaba
    You really are a geek. Not content to keep your geeky chun-ness to yourself, you are infecting others. I actually just counted through the words in my post, and miraculously lost 10kg, receded a little and sprouted glasses, and aquired an interest in javascript. Please stop posting.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    What type of plant has so much protein it can replace meat?
    Nearly all food contains protein. Potatoes contain protein. I'm not veggie, but the 'You need protein so you must eat meat' argument is just uneducated and dumb. You don't need meat at all, even elite athletes do just fine without.

The best argument against ME being a vegetarian is that I like meat, and I don't care that much if an animal has to die for my pleasure.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 7:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever vegetarians say they're still missing out.

カンフー

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 8:02pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    The best argument against ME being a vegetarian is that I like meat, and I don't care that much if an animal has to die for my pleasure.
    Exactly.

I eat fish because I care less about them than I do about my health. But before I was injured, I didn't need them. Not I do. AND I LOVE IT.

And I don't care much about bees, either. They're lovely, but I don't see them as being put out by honey-production all that much. Of course, they do have environmental impacts...
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 8:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    Whatever vegetarians say they're still missing out.

Groan.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    12/30/2006 8:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    The way I look at the moral thing is that the animal is already dead you didnt kill it (unless your a deer hunter) and eating it only ensures the animal doesnt go to waste.
    You paid to have it killed, dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2006 12:42am

Style: Wrestling, BJJ, Kickboxin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im not going to go into any depth on this, because so many have already expressed that they dont want to hear it, but in response to this:

"The best argument against ME being a vegetarian is that I like meat, and I don't care that much if an animal has to die for my pleasure."

It doesnt really hold up as a moral argument, because there is nothing that prevents that same reasoning being applied to any other form of descrimination, e.g. racism and slavery.

for example:

"The best argument against me being pro-racial equality is that society would fall apart without slaves to work the feilds. It is an unfortunate social nessecity that we enslave black people" - This is an excuse that was used ALOT in relation to slavery in America.

No argument (to my mind at least) can justify what is essentially needless suffering produced by the meat industry.

Intelligence cannot be used as a form of descrimination, as Im pretty sure the majority of you would find it wrong to consider eating retards or babies - or any human, under almost any circumstances.

To quote Jeremy Bentham: "The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?"

It shouldnt be a matter of justifying why a person is vegetarian/vegan, but everyone else justifying the needless suffering of animals.

**Edit**

That wasnt supposed to sound so preachy, but people were asking, and this was the most direct response I could give.
    Last edited by Godhand; 12/31/2006 12:52am at .

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    12/31/2006 1:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry Godhand. They don't understand that as a transdemensional demon from the netherworld you feed on human souls instead.
    http://www.satyrnet.it/berserk/13.bmp
    カンフー

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    12/31/2006 1:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhand
    Im not going to go into any depth on this, because so many have already expressed that they dont want to hear it, but in response to this:

"The best argument against ME being a vegetarian is that I like meat, and I don't care that much if an animal has to die for my pleasure."

It doesnt really hold up as a moral argument, because there is nothing that prevents that same reasoning being applied to any other form of descrimination, e.g. racism and slavery.
    It isn't a moral argument. It's an argument against anyone who's trying to persuade me to be a vegetarian. You can't win it, because whatever you say, I still think it's fine to kill animals for food.
    The rest of your arguments are pointless, because I just don't think killing animals is the same as killing people, and you cannot convince me otherwise.
    Last edited by RunningDog; 12/31/2006 2:06am at .

Posted On:
    12/31/2006 2:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're fundamentally right (about what it takes to be persuaded).

I would add, though, that I don't see any moral problem in killing animals either - even though I was a vegan.

My problem wasn't with meat (which I like), or death (which I'm willing to cause), but unnecessary suffering on an large scale.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast