Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 5:01pm

Style: Bok Fu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    BTW... where in the **** is this "ass tattoo"???? I am a big fan of tats and an even bigger fan off asses.
    Theres not that much ass in it, its more hip. I'm sure Tonz can point you to it, i dont know how to link a thread yet.

:eusa_doh:

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 5:15pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any "vegan" who chooses that way of life, for whatever reason, and is respectful towards me and my lifestyle. I am down for it. What ever blows your hair back. But when they get on people because they don't adhear to thier "values" then I give them the big **** YOU. The fact that most would give me and my family added **** for being a stock producer just adds to it. Veganism is a religion of sorts and it's damn near impossible to have an intelligent conversation about religion without hurting peoples little feelings.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 5:54pm

Style: Bok Fu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any "vegan" who chooses that way of life, for whatever reason, and is respectful towards me and my lifestyle. I am down for it. What ever blows your hair back. But when they get on people because they don't adhear to thier "values" then I give them the big **** YOU. The fact that most would give me and my family added **** for being a stock producer just adds to it. Veganism is a religion of sorts and it's damn near impossible to have an intelligent conversation about religion without hurting peoples little feelings.
    Dear Tabwyo,

I think a family farm is the very best way to live - I aspire to have a farm of my own. I sincerely respect anyone who thinks about or actually does something about changing the humans treat animals used for food. I apologize if I came off as some sort of hate monger as it was in response to some force that I felt at the time need to be offset. In retrospect, I might change what I said or more specifically the way I said it - or maybe not have responded at all. I am sure some of you would have appreciated that all together. Since I canít go back and remove my opinions or the way I laid them down I hope this apology finds those of you who deserve it.

I am obviously intensely passionate about this subject and itís hard for me to keep my sharp tongue from lashing out. Lesson learned.

:exclaim:

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Veganism is a reasonable response to unreasonable conditions.

Discussions about it should be equally reasonable.

Vegans who cannot control their passions (i.e. to the point of irrationality and aggression) have no place asking meat-eaters to curb their desires and inclinations.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    Veganism is a reasonable response to unreasonable conditions.

Discussions about it should be equally reasonable.

Vegans who cannot control their passions (i.e. to the point of irrationality and aggression) have no place asking meat-eaters to curb their desires and inclinations.
    I'd pos rep you for that one.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 3:56am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW... where in the **** is this "ass tattoo"???? I am a big fan of tats and an even bigger fan off asses.
    Here you go, post No. 94:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=49969&page=3

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 10:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's awsome..... Like I said, big fan of tatts.

I am not exactly on what you'd consider a "family farm". 20,000 acres owned with another 35,000 in lease. 2 feed lots and running anywhere from 10,000-18,000 head of cattle at any given time. We supply range fed and lot fed beef. People bitch and moan about feed lot conditions when they have no clue as to what goes on. Cattle are better off in a feed lot and more than content to stand in one place, have food fed in one end and to stand in the **** that comes out the other. Lots require the producer to stay on top of things though. Disease and infection spreads like wild fire with so many animals in so small an area. Even so lot cattle are cheaper, easier and faster to produce. If there wasn't such a market for range beef we'd have them all in feed lots. Slaughter houses and processing plants are never pleseant and to the outsider they are down right brutal and inhumane. The fact is that most prcessors are very efficient and quick with how they deal with live cattle. Once they are dead and on a hook who gives a rats ass. Honestly, how can you hurt something feeling anymore once they are dead. If folks need to bitch about slaughter houses go look at any place that produced kosher beef. They slit the animals throat and let them bleed to death. Now that's brutal.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a lot of people fail to understand how dumb cows (and chickens and sheep) are. While there are many production practices I abhor, with the exception of how chickens are raised, I really don't think most of it effects the welfare of the animals.

The "happy cow" commercials piss me off though.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 1:56pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, pretty much. As long as cattle are not physically abused, they are more than happy to be clustered together in a lot without having to wander around for food. The price for that practice is that you need to be of top of the cleaning, and here is where I have a problem with some cattle facilities.

My family back in Nicaragua are cattle ranchers, small producers, mind you. We keep our cattle wandering, which is easier than keeping them in lots, but it has its disadvantages. Every now and then we get an injured animal, and it's been more than once that an animal has to be put down because of that.

Keeping them in a lot prevents a lot of that, plus it is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH easier to control pests such as thicks than when they are roaming free. Unlike carnivores or other smarter animals such as elephants, cattle and other herd herbibores are more than happy to be together. As long as they get enough space to lay themselves down, they are content.

If my family back there had enough $$$, they'd construct lots for the cattle as well as purchase the equipment necessary to keep the facilities clean and the food (hay in this case), cut, packed and delivered to the lots. They would also keep cows pregnant around the clock with artificial insemination, so that when a calf is ready to be weaned, the cow is ready to deliver a new one. It is far more efficient, and no more or less humane than free range cattle ranching.

Most people have never seen a cow grow from calf to adult, nor have an idea of their behavior and personalities, and yet pretend to know what a happy cow is or needs. They have never even pat one in the neck nor give it salt or hay by hand. I wholy agree with their oposition of horrendous farming practices, but I do oppose the arrogance they display ad nauseum.

A cow is not a dog, and it can't be expected to behave or feel like one, nor expect to have the same needs. As long as a cow has clean food (hay, grain, feed), clean feeding areas and relatively free of parasites, they'll do fine in a free range or in a lot.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/17/2007 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a clue as to how stupid cattle are. If you place them in a pinch point where they can only get thier head through and there is food just out of reach but in clear site. The damned thing will stand there and starve to death befor backing out . We have a couple low end poultry producers around here who raise "free range" chicken. The term is horse ****. Free range means they have acsess to an outside enclosure. Nothing free about that. They only benifit is the reduction in comunicable related sickness loss at the cost of scarficeing space for fewer animals. In high end or volume poultry producers the losses are acceptable so long as volume is maitained. I haven't bought chicken in years while at home. I just go find one (usually the one that pissed me off the most that morning), ring it's neck and through it in a skillet. Nothing better.

BTW El Macho..... I do have a couple "pet" cows. We maitain a herd of 6 Holstien milk cows for our consumption an sale here locally. They are as gentle as kittens and all the kids play in, around, on and under them and there hasn't been a serious injury yet. They each respond to thier own name and they each have a personality. I'd no sooner kill and eat one of them then I would one of my many dogs. But I have bottle raised calfs just to turn around and butcher them a year later and never thought twice about it. They are food, period.
    Last edited by Donkey_Fizzle; 1/17/2007 2:07pm at .