Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    Some 200 years ago though, we were the best fed walking meat reserves on Earth.
    Maybe that's why I instinctively lick my chops every time I see a nice ass... hmmm, food for thought.

Tonuzaba, I think homemade kefir is going to be my next project. I just did a search, and the making process is quite similar to making yogurt (see my home-made salty yogurt out of soy milk, goat milk powder and a bit of olive oil).

The problem with kefir will be in finding the correct "starter" culture. Unlike yogurt, I can't use ready-made kefir as the "starter".
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 10:38am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    The problem with kefir will be in finding the correct "starter" culture. Unlike yogurt, I can't use ready-made kefir as the "starter".
    While googling for kefir - which is btw very common in foodstores in Hungary but rare several kilometres up north in Slovakia, where I'm at right now - I read something about how the kefir "beads", the starter-culture were kept top secret for centuries, much like the silkworms...
    But a bit of googling should help you find some great living kefir starters...
    I'll check out your yoghurt (and there should be no erotic connotation to this statement)...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 10:39am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingvegan
    Yeah it does!!!!!!!!

People deserve to be hurt for not thinking before they act. Animals are already at our mercy - we own them, enslave them abuse them and some of us stand up for them. Anyone who doesnt in my opinion should be smashed in the head. You obviously have no idea what really goes on in the "real" world of food politics so shut it or bring it if you have some enlightening info. Certainly i have read up on this subject HAVE YOU??

:eatbaby:
    I grew up with first hand knowledge of the subject. DID YOU??? Mass processing plants are shity I admit, I have worked in a couple. I grew up ranching. Now I supossed you'd smash me in the head for riding horses. Enslaved animals my achin ass.... all of our animal, including the cattle, are well cared for. Now we do ship to places like National Beef in Kansas (one of the largest precessors) and I have been inside and seen the operation. It's gastly, but then again you can't process 10,000 head of beef a day and not make a mess. The overwhelming majority of the public isn't veggie or vegan (and there is a difference) and the only way to supply meat to the masses is to mass process. So just how much of your information is first hand and how much was spoon fed to you by the Karrot Klux Klan? I have seen thier horse **** political agenda documenteries and they are so blown out of porportion and distorted as to not only be mostly fiction but borderling looney-toons. We evolved canine teeth for a reason. And no it isn't so goths have something to glue fangs on to look uber-kewl at thier wannabe vampire get togethers. I love little vagans and thier militant little soapboxes. It so nice to have somebody stand up and volunteer to be the idiot rather than haveing to go look for one.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Most restaurants in Monterey have a gentleman's agreement to only serve seafood from sustainable resources. And oh man is it delicious. One of the few things I like about this place.
    This is actually one reason I don't eat a lot of seafood, even though I love sushi.
    The state of fisheries is worse than subjecting chickens to cruelty.

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 11:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    This is actually one reason I don't eat a lot of seafood, even though I love sushi.
    The state of fisheries is worse than subjecting chickens to cruelty.
    I agree. Especially in idustries that harvest from "wild" sources such as much of the seafood providers. I am a firm beliver in limiting/eliminating by-catch, slot limits and more aggressive monitoring of harvesting. Poultery plants are another ball of wax altogether. I workind in a turkey plant for extra cash befor the holidays once and it was enough to put me off chicken and turkey for a year. But I am lucky in one aspect for where I live. If I want chicken I can go snatch it out of the yard and have it on the plate within the hour. I started keeping chickens for fresh eggs but fresh drumsticks are a perc.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 11:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fisheries also refers to catching from wild sources, at least to my understanding.
    The state of populations in the north atlantic and pacific are pretty bad.

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was agreeing.... especially with the fisheries topic. You'd be suprised how much seafood is actually "farmed".

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 11:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the genetic effects of such are also pretty depressing.

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah.... That's been my "soapbox" for years now. As an avid flyfisherman for Pacific Salmon I actually see the negative effects from salmon farming. As it stands now there are only 4-5 strictly "wild" salmon runs left in the Pacific Northwest. The rest have been interbreeding with inferior genectic escapies from salmon farms.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/16/2007 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But a bit of googling should help you find some great living kefir starters...
    You are teh correct :) I'm ordering the following starter kit from Amazon.

Let's see if I don't poison the **** out of myself. I almost did one time I was trying to brew banana vinegar :sad1:

I'll check out your yoghurt (and there should be no erotic connotation to this statement)...
    They all say that :tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris