Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/11/2002 1:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think everyone is a little defensive this week. Maybe its because of 911.

I am sure WT has come a long way since the Germany thing and even since the demo videos on this page. If you say it was a good shoot then I will believe you and that is pretty cool that they are experimenting.

Sorry if I was a jerk. It wasn't you I was talking about at all. "Little Idea" and "ksmythe" were the ones who brought Emin's super hero status into it.

Ip Chun is like 80 years old. Of course he sucks now compared to the young and strong hero Eminem! Still, I'm telling Ip Man you said that about his kid - he is going to come back from the dead and Pek Jeung you in the throat! You better watch your back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2002 2:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doh!!!!
    Holy sheeet!!! The ghost of Ip Man stalking me. What the f&%^$ next?!?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2002 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nunoloveus...

You live in Turkey?

(sorry to be off topic)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2002 6:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TO whoever asked, I (and many students) had problems with my old instructor. The senior students are now with ebmas. If I train again, it will be with ebmas.

I remembered some things that I heard from Emin at a seminar:
    He said that if you train as much as the other guy that there's no comparison, you'll beat him (eg. you train like a boxer to fight a boxer.) He then said something to the effect of "look, don't try this against a boxer who trains 8 hrs a day." He also said the anti-grappling is for the average person, who will not be fighting some wrestling champion. If you want to fight a wrestling champion you need to be a WT champion (he meant again to train on an equal basis.)
    I think Emins not-total grasp of English coupled with a traditional martial arts background means he doesn't always get a point across.
    For example he realizes you likely will get injured-he gave an example of fighting a bjj guy, you know he may break your arm but you break his face (or head or whatever he said.) Far too many students think their training will allow them to do a 1-2 and walla! The fights over....Emin knows (from painfull exp.) that fights are knock down drag out events. What matters is that YOU'RE the one who gets up and walks away.

BTW, the WT clan would do good to incorporate the sprawl into their curriculum imho.
  5. Michael

Posted On:
    9/11/2002 6:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    heh, well told
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456