Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:24pm

Style: BJJ,MT,Wrestling,Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

running problems

I run 3 times a week, a mile or more each time. I just recently started doing this, and just this week It's become harder to do, as my endurance seems to have been cut in half. Now, i have a minor cold and i just purchased new running shoes. It's also gotten colder outside. Any ideas why im going from being able to healthily do a mile to struggling at the half-mile mark in just a week?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ideas? Sure. From most to least likely.

Illness. Poor sleep and recovery. Over training. Poor nutrition. Shoes are actually 50lb weights. Secret government experiments. Space-Time anomaly.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 2:11pm

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might just be sore because you're not used to running. Everything is harder when you're extremely stiff. If that's all it is than you just need to work through it until you're muscles get used to your routine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 3:17pm

Style: Pai Lum K.F.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    running is a horrible way to build cardio cause of joint pressure on the knees and shins; however if your still inclined to do it just keep doing it, eventually your body will adjust to the excercise movements and oxygen/co2 exchange needs. Also ensure that your using proper technique or posture when you run, as goofy as that sounds. Leaning over your stride causes pressure to be put on the front part of the foot; which in turns the brain to catch your balance with the ball of the foot like in sprinting and if your long distance running that will tire you out bigger than ****. If your long distance running use the heel-toe method with a straight but relaxed back and lift and kick your foot with out raising it too high, this minimizes the impact your knees will take from the bounce in your stride. Also try to glide as you run. Running is actually a complex muscle movement and needs to be trained properly in order to make good gains from it. Just think of the fat kid in School running during P.E. and do the opposite.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 3:48pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zendeath2000
    running is a horrible way to build cardio cause of joint pressure on the knees and shins; however if your still inclined to do it just keep doing it, eventually your body will adjust to the excercise movements and oxygen/co2 exchange needs. Also ensure that your using proper technique or posture when you run, as goofy as that sounds. Leaning over your stride causes pressure to be put on the front part of the foot; which in turns the brain to catch your balance with the ball of the foot like in sprinting and if your long distance running that will tire you out bigger than ****. If your long distance running use the heel-toe method with a straight but relaxed back and lift and kick your foot with out raising it too high, this minimizes the impact your knees will take from the bounce in your stride. Also try to glide as you run. Running is actually a complex muscle movement and needs to be trained properly in order to make good gains from it. Just think of the fat kid in School running during P.E. and do the opposite.
    What would you suggest as a better way of increasing cardio?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 3:55pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabster the Bad Elf
    Intense masturbation perhaps. The best cardio I have seen is running, or trying to swim across a lake with a lead vest on.
    Agreed. I went from lasting 15 minutes a private class to an hour non stop from just doing a months worth of HIIT running.

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 3:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bicycle?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 3:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also your only running 3 times a week. If you want gains don't run 3 times a week run everyday just dont go as far... my running regime for beginners: monday 1/2 mile, tuesday 1/2 mile and 10 yards, wendsday 1/2 mile and 20 ect. for a month till im up to a mile everyday comfortably for a week then start the process again at a mile or increase the pace for 2 weeks till your time is shorter by at least a minute. rinse and repeat as neccesary. some results may vary; consult your doctor before starting any exercise routine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 4:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cycling is a great cardio for those that have knee/ankle and back problems. Swimming is the best but also the hardest to find a place that has a indoor pool and if you don't know how to swim then your ass out of luck. Jump rope is decent but boring in my opinion. I do body weight conditioning like burpy w/ a push up(100), waist high platform jump ups(50), 20 sec. wind sprints with a 10 second rest between (im up to 5 now), and scorpions (50 each side, if you don't know what it is ask me)

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Intervals is the best way to build cardio.

30 second sprint, jog for a minute, repeat until dying.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast