228797 Bullies, 5764 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

PANANTUKAN BOXING W/RICK FAYE

I just fineshed watching A borrowed video of Panatukan Boxing with Rick Faye. To put it simply it was horrible, theres no need to pull any punches here. I dont believe its such A reflection on what he knows as much as poor judgment about marketing something that just does not exist in reality.

Much of the video is just A bore, It starts of with stick 101 and has that annoying tapping of sticks being pecked together like drunken wood peckers for the first ten to fifteen minutes but it seemed to go on for An hour. I would be incredibly pisssed off from that alone if it was not A borrowed video.

What got my attention is this, here is A man who is supposed to be A head Muay Thai instructor in Minnesota and this is what he was selling as A system. He suggested that one bend forward to punch someone in the hip, This is A incredibley stupid move by all accounts. The only time anyone should lean over and go low is if punching and knees are not allowed such as in A grappling speccific tournament. To do so in A real fight is asking to be knocked out, Anytime you lower your head in the forward direction you place your head in A position to take A knee, I will spare the details here but I believe the point is clear.

He goes into some basic punches like the jab which I was unaware of being invented in the P.I. and then has house wives and school kids just doing A bad version of boxing. I cannot retain one posative moment about the training in the film but I would love to hear somebody who did explain to me why anyone should pay money for this video.
    Last edited by ar549; 12/28/2006 12:05am at . Reason: typo, running low on caffiene!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549
    I just fineshed watching A borrowed video of Panatukan Boxing with Rick Faye. To put it simply it was horrible, theres no need to pull any punches here. I dont believe its such A reflection on what he knows as much as poor judgment about marketing something that just does no exist in reality.

Much of the video is just A bore, It starts of with stick 101 and has that annoying tapping of sticks being pecked together like drunken wood peckers for the first ten to fifteen minutes but it seemed to go on for An hour. I would be incredibly pisssed off from that alone if it was not A borrowed video.

What got my attention is this, here is A man who is supposed to be A head Muay Thai instructor in Minnesota and this is what he was selling as A system. He suggested that one bend forward to punch someone in the hip, This is A incredibley stupid move by all accounts. The only time anyone should lean over and go low is if punching and knees are not allowed such as in A grappling speccific tournament. To do so in A real fight is asking to be knocked out, Anytime you lower your head in the forward direction you place your head in A position to take A knee, I will spare the details here but I believe the point is clear.

He goes into some basic punches like the jab which I was unaware of being invented in the P.I. and then has house wives and school kids just doing A bad version of boxing. I cannot retain one posative moment about the training in the film but I would love to hear somebody who did explain to me why anyone should pay money for this video.
    It's almost like someone pussied out of meeting someone in front of a stadium or some ****? RIGHT? is that the feeling you get from this video?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know that you don't have to capitalise "A" everytime you use it on its own right?

say hi to your wife for me

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see my loyal fan club is awake, They in all likelyhood consider it A good video!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see my loyal fan club is awake, They in all likelyhood consider it A good video!

i am a fan of your wife, not you. retard.

Genius

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:38am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's just showing the system for those who want to learn the system. It's an empty hand art based on weapons, punching the thigh isn't all that effective, but stabbing it with a knife is. Oh, and the jab has been a part of Filipino arts for some time. If you want to learn Panantukan, Faye can show it. If you want to learn effective empty hand fighting, train in MMA.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    He's just showing the system for those who want to learn the system. It's an empty hand art based on weapons, punching the thigh isn't all that effective, but stabbing it with a knife is. Oh, and the jab has been a part of Filipino arts for some time. If you want to learn Panantukan, Faye can show it. If you want to learn effective empty hand fighting, train in MMA.
    see ar549...... making sense and not being a retard is easy...... learn from this man :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 2:24am

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He suggested that one bend forward to punch someone in the hip, This is A incredibley stupid move by all accounts
    It may be possible to pull the move off if its at an angle and applied well. I would rather use a kick or punch higher. I've seen a similar counter punch to the groin, not pretty. . . the guy doing the move got a little carried away . lol.

Its a bummer that the video seemed such a waste. The tape sounds like beginner level for kids and soccer moms. I checked out their website at www.mnkali.com. They have a class for women's kickboxing. I've met Rick Faye and he is a nice guy. I haven't seen him in action but I've heard from some of my teachers that he is very good. Damn good with a knife. He's also good with marketing. I think the video is to bring the soccer mom's in for the women's kickboxing class. Initially he marketed for law enforcement when he opened his school and it worked very well for him from what I hear.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 2:27am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hitting someone in the hip sounds pretty fucking good way to break your hand in my awesome fucking spectaculr shits opinion

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 2:29am

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    hitting someone in the hip sounds pretty fucking good way to break your hand in my awesome fucking spectaculr shits opinion
    yup, probably not the best idea.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast